Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: Door Lock Solenoid  (Read 2346 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Wanted: Door Lock Solenoid
« on: 18 February 2014, 13:36:17 »

Drivers door lock has gone again  :(

Not bad I guess, used one from a breaker last time. Lasted around 70k, 4 years or so?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Door Lock Solenoid
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2014, 13:36:55 »

Sorry should say Door lock motor really, after the whole unit to swap out and replace  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2014, 09:36:53 »

I'll happily fit another microswitch to it if you want to pop round with it? :y

Might even have a spare that's already been fixed.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2014, 11:51:32 »

I'll happily fit another microswitch to it if you want to pop round with it? :y

Might even have a spare that's already been fixed.

Sounds good  :y

Currently I don't have any spare transport, so would need to do it all in one go.

Be interested to see the internal workings, would it take long to fix once removed?

Also be a good chance to drop back your de-humidifier  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2014, 09:35:55 »

I have a couple of motors here, so can just do an exchange, but happy to go over fixing one if you're interested. Just need to work out which I've already fixed. :-[ Guess I should have marked them. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2014, 15:01:37 »

I have a couple of motors here, so can just do an exchange, but happy to go over fixing one if you're interested. Just need to work out which I've already fixed. :-[ Guess I should have marked them. ::)
Did we ever find a supplier for the switch - I found the part number for the one with lugs on, but couldn't find a supplier who would deal with me :(
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2014, 16:12:22 »

Did we ever find a supplier for the switch - I found the part number for the one with lugs on, but couldn't find a supplier who would deal with me :(

Yep, as per guide, RS components supply the M/S for £1.57 + VAT and delivery. I got 2 delivered for £9.71 total, and have refurbed one on the TD, and have one to do on the 3.2. Changing the M/S is easier than changing the door lock! Thanks to the excellent guide by Kevin. :y :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2014, 18:48:14 »

I think I got mine from Farnell :-\
Changing the microswitches didn't cure the fault unfortunately. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the old microswitches so I decided that the motor itself was probably worn out.
Fitting a new unit from the stealers fixed the symptoms which pretty much confirms my diagnosis......
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2014, 18:48:31 »

I think I got mine from Farnell :-\
Changing the microswitches didn't cure the fault unfortunately. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the old microswitches so I decided that the motor itself was probably worn out.
Fitting a new unit from the stealers fixed the symptoms which pretty much confirmed my diagnosis......

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2014, 18:49:25 »

Where's the modify button gone? :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 February 2014, 19:11:23 »

Yep, as per guide, RS components supply the M/S for £1.57 + VAT and delivery. I got 2 delivered for £9.71 total, and have refurbed one on the TD, and have one to do on the 3.2. Changing the M/S is easier than changing the door lock! Thanks to the excellent guide by Kevin. :y :y :y
Did it have the lugs on the side to positively locate in the mechanism, as the ones I got from Farnell didn't?
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2014, 10:35:27 »

Yep. :y

Did it have the lugs on the side to positively locate in the mechanism, as the ones I got from Farnell didn't?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2014, 10:35:59 »

Where has modify gone?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2014, 10:36:58 »

Try again: Yes :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2014, 16:09:42 »

I bought a load from Farnell without the lugs. They were well under £1 each, IIRC, although I might be wrong. On assembly I decided that the lugs were neither here nor there as the solder joints supported them OK. They are now on 3 doors of my car and a good few others with no further issue that I'm aware of. I guess a blob of glue might help if you're concerned by the lack of lugs?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.