Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre price variations.  (Read 733 times)

mantahatch

Tyre price variations.
« on: 21 January 2013, 11:07:41 »

Just bought 2 tyres online for fitting at a local tyre place. I have just paid 197.14 for 2 Uniroyal Rainsport 2s.
Phoned quite a few places to get a prices and the worse was the same tyres costing 50.06 more than the place I am buying from. It could have been 55.06 more but I have opted for "precision balance upgrade" which is probably some lame excuse to get another fiver off me. But when I am saving 50 quid I am not going to argue that much.

Just seems odd the price is so different. Pays to shop around I suppose. Probably could have got another few quid off but delay would be to great.   

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre price variations.
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2013, 11:41:59 »

I made a contact with a company caled Neo Brothers for ABS. the tyres they are offering are Neuton. They are owned by Yokahama. Have not yet had any feed back from anyone yet as a few are wary of the name Neo. This is due to someone who was supposed to be making lotus carlton body bits and dissapeared with al the money. he was located in the manchester area. I am going to try a set when I get my new set of wheels refurbed. Prices as of last june for 225/55/16 were £51 each plus balenceplus VAT. They do group buys and also sell them by the van load to race teams. One of the blokes there uses them himself for racing and swears by them (biased?) They are based in Waltham Cross. Web Address is; neobrothers.co.uk more sizes are being added each month. Hope this is of help to someone.
Keith B

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2013, 11:45:33 »

when the weather is bad, tyre prices are beween the lips of the seller.. if they are low on stock ,
you can expect ridiculous high prices..

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2013, 15:43:37 »

I made a contact with a company caled Neo Brothers for ABS. the tyres they are offering are Neuton. They are owned by Yokahama. Have not yet had any feed back from anyone yet as a few are wary of the name Neo. This is due to someone who was supposed to be making lotus carlton body bits and dissapeared with al the money. he was located in the manchester area. I am going to try a set when I get my new set of wheels refurbed. Prices as of last june for 225/55/16 were £51 each plus balenceplus VAT. They do group buys and also sell them by the van load to race teams. One of the blokes there uses them himself for racing and swears by them (biased?) They are based in Waltham Cross. Web Address is; neobrothers.co.uk more sizes are being added each month. Hope this is of help to someone.
Keith B

I wouldn't bother... Their customer service is shite, the fitting is poor and to top it off the tyres aren't particularly good either ::)

Reasonably good in the dry but not as good as some other budget tyres in the wet. aaronjb has tried them too and I'm sure he'll agree :-X ::)

All IMHO of course ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2013, 15:48:38 »

Reasonably good in the dry but not as good as some other budget tyres in the wet. aaronjb has tried them too and I'm sure he'll agree :-X ::)

I was about to say - they're 'alright' in the dry (they at least give you some warning) but in the wet they've about as much grip as (to steal a phrase) a dog on a laminate floor.

mantahatch

« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2013, 15:54:22 »

I have always like the Uniroyal rain tyres. Just not always been in a position to afford them. This time I am in a slightly better position so I get 2 shiny new tyres, very happy (for a change)  :y

mantahatch

« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2013, 11:06:36 »

Just had the new Uniroyals fitted, drove home and the car is so much quieter. Those horrible worn out bridgestones have gone. There is a tyre make I will avoid with a vengeance in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.