Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A-hole biker  (Read 5972 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: A-hole biker
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2015, 15:49:18 »

Trouble is when you are STMO and religiously sticking to the following the man with the red flag at 3kph and some ejiot in a BMW/Audi/Bike is out to prove they can do over 300kph. Dot on the horizon to going past you is about 5 seconds, which is not good when some blind elderly driver reactions are measured in weeks. :o :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2015, 16:29:43 »

As a biker myself, I don't understand this. Why on earth use a motorway? They are dull, boring and dangerous on two wheels. I'd rather the journey take longer but down some lovely windy roads.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2015, 17:36:14 »

Not dull and boring if your taking the sweeping bends at warp speed - I would imagine.  :-X :D
Potentially dangerous though. Having said that, if the road is empty and your only risking yourself then why not I suppose.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2015, 18:12:31 »

Anyone seen that ghost rider dude in Sweden? scary stuff!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2015, 19:26:02 »

Yes, I have. He is, sorry was a nutter. He ploughed into the back of a lorry at warp speed. The video is available for those of you into that.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2015, 19:49:47 »

Yes, I have. He is, sorry was a nutter. He ploughed into the back of a lorry at warp speed. The video is available for those of you into that.
Known as "one day" I believe.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 July 2015, 18:04:26 »

Didn't realise he'd died?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2015, 18:16:09 »

Not dull and boring if your taking the sweeping bends at warp speed - I would imagine.  :-X :D
Potentially dangerous though. Having said that, if the road is empty and your only risking yourself then why not I suppose.

I find it a tad inconsiderate. I mean, if you are going to be a mobile donor at least give the organs a chance of being viable ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 July 2015, 19:28:48 »

Is driving a car at xxx mph any different though ? It always seems to be perceived as much more irresponsible when its a biker rather than a car driver.
Cars tend to cause much more  "collateral damage" when they have high speed accidents.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 July 2015, 20:59:43 »

I find it a tad inconsiderate. I mean, if you are going to be a mobile donor at least give the organs a chance of being viable ::)

It's entirely inconsiderate. It has to be, or they'd be part of the 40 everywhere brigade. Which is entirely inconsiderate in itself as it happens but that's another story.

Point is, that sort of speed, and speed alone, is very safe on a (presumably) modern sports bike. If it was at all unnerving the rider would back off, as the bike would feel un steady. The unsafe part is where the unknowns and solid objects come in. (You disagree? Try it. Then comment)

The thing here is the bike took the driver unawares. It made him jump, so MUST be doing some ridiculous speed. Right? (Well probably) could of been anything doing silly speeds though couldn't it.

An emergency vehicle for instance. Wouldn't be such a silly speed then, would it.

Not trying justify anything here, more that there are situations that arise where speed is important and ridiculous in equal measure. Regardless of the rights and wrongs, if an accident occurs, a serious one, then the rights and wrongs are irrelevant. It's happened, your involved, it's too late, and death doesn't give a shit about laws, rights and wrongs, or how fast you or the other party where going. You've had an accident, or that's the fear anyway, and at that point your in the lap of the gods. 

So stay awake. Keep left. And use your damn mirrors. There's "A-holes" on every corner in every street, on every road and they are ALL out to get you. You think they give a shit about speed limits and laws when your Dead?

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 July 2015, 21:39:56 »

I mean you generally, rather you personally btw. Apologies there. :)

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 July 2015, 22:51:31 »

I think it was Jackie Stewart that said something along the lines of "180mph is nothing...until something goes wrong". 
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

mka306

« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2015, 07:31:44 »

Christ it's like listening to the old farts brigade, if that person wishes to risk there life then let them be, as said it's on a pretty quite motorway and it's rare a biker gets the chance to see what there machine can do, if it gave you a near heart attack then you were clearly falling asleep due to your old man medication ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2015, 09:44:17 »

Christ it's like listening to the old farts brigade, if that person wishes to risk there life then let them be, as said it's on a pretty quite motorway and it's rare a biker gets the chance to see what there machine can do, if it gave you a near heart attack then you were clearly falling asleep due to your old man medication ;D ;D

You do know what kind of forum you're on, right? Most people here think things were much better in 1947 when they were in their 30s ;)

mka306

« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2015, 09:46:51 »

You do know what kind of forum you're on, right? Most people here think things were much better in 1947 when they were in their 30s ;)

lol, yeh I got that impression but the old boys are amusing especially when they get there teeth into something and won't let go  ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.