Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: have now got internet again  (Read 940 times)

KillerWatt

Re: have now got internet again
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2009, 19:51:42 »

why are people so quick to borrow money but slow to pay it back. had a massive row with a mate over it last night when he rang.and ive only got half of it back. the amount of favours i do for people, and never ask for anything in return and im begining to think no more now.
Been there, seen it, done it, got the T shirt.

When you appear to be "nice", people simply take you for a (**t.

Simple answer to the above.....TELL people where they stand beforehand...no room for misinterpretation then.
« Last Edit: 24 December 2009, 19:52:21 by KillerWatt »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2009, 21:06:52 »

why are people so quick to borrow money but slow to pay it back. had a massive row with a mate over it last night when he rang.and ive only got half of it back. the amount of favours i do for people, and never ask for anything in return and im begining to think no more now.
Been there, seen it, done it, got the T shirt.

When you appear to be "nice", people simply take you for a (**t.

Simple answer to the above.....TELL people where they stand beforehand...no room for misinterpretation then.

Amen to that. Better still, keep money and friendships separate.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2009, 21:18:28 »

depends how much you know them, and trust them. I go on holiday with a bunch of mates every year, to make things easier, all group purchases go on a single credit card. (car hire, food, hotels, events) and so on....

When we get back i just divide the bill by 3, never had a problem. But then again known the mates i go with since i was about 14.

Take snowboarding, last year i paid for it all, settled bills later. This year, mate paid, no small sum, about a grand in total for all of us. Of course i paid up in full in a matter of weeks

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 December 2009, 21:24:51 »

depends how much you know them, and trust them. I go on holiday with a bunch of mates every year, to make things easier, all group purchases go on a single credit card. (car hire, food, hotels, events) and so on....

When we get back i just divide the bill by 3, never had a problem. But then again known the mates i go with since i was about 14.

Take snowboarding, last year i paid for it all, settled bills later. This year, mate paid, no small sum, about a grand in total for all of us. Of course i paid up in full in a matter of weeks

Fair enough if it works, but there are some people who will start moaning that they had 3 pints on Wednesday night and you had 4, etc. sometimes because they are picky and a pain in the @rse and other times because the cost of a pint is more significant to them than it is to you.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2009, 21:28:52 »

IME its family who are the worst ... and in my case the wife's family ... :(

When SWMBO Dad's died he left £6000 to each of the 3 kids. The eldest son emigrated to Australia a while back, but two of his kids were still in england finishing UNI. 8 months after getting that £6000 he was after borrowing £1400 ... £700 to buy each kid a ticket to Aus. My missus would NOT let me ask him just what had he done with the 6 grand and why he hadn't put some aside to get his kids home ..  no .. we just bought their tickets.

She has been asking for the money back twice a year for 8 years ... we got it back 3 months ago ... and not even £1400 ... he transferred exactly the right amount of aussie dollars that equated to buying £1400 on that day in his bank .... so she lost on the exchange rate as it took 3 days to go through .. and she had to pay the banks handling charges. OK  it was less than £10 .. but its the principle that bugs me.. :(

Bloody family ....   :(

Rant over  :)

KillerWatt

« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2009, 21:31:41 »

ive still 2 more who owe me nearly 400 between them and im not letting it go. i told my mate last night i want cash up front now if he wants me to partition his room off, or he'll have to get someone else to do it. take it or leave it.  :)
My response would be "pay for the work I've done, or it's all coming out first thing tomorrow morning" (and that would happen).

Unfortunately, people take the piss if you let them get away with it...so the ball is ultimately in your court.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.