Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing rear brake lines Advice needed  (Read 843 times)

RolandL

• Intermediate Member
  • Doncaster
    • M/facelift 2.5 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
Changing rear brake lines Advice needed
« on: 03 October 2014, 18:43:02 »

I am replacing the rear brake lines, caliper to flexi hose.  As a precaution I have also decided to have a set of rear flexi hoses ready just in case these need replacing as well.  Went to my local motor factors and collected two rear hoses, they have given me one hose which has female connectors at both ends and one hose with female one end and male the other.  They are adamant that this is correct but I'm not sure.  All the pictures I've seen have been hoses with female ends. Which is the correct type I need? Or doesn't it matter?

Also have been looking at the PAS fluid and thought I might change it.  How is this done as can't see any "how to" in the maintenance section.

Any advice gratefully received.

Roland
The faster you go the bigger the grin.  Trade card user.

Temetsy

• Finland
    • b1 x25xe sedan
    • View Profile
Re: Changing rear brake lines Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2014, 19:41:13 »

I have changed my PAS fluid just by first emptying the reservoir, then topping up, running engine in 3k rpm for few minutes and turning steering side to side (front wheels up so the joints wont be under heavy load when turning wheels when standing still), emptying again, topping up, running engine and turning.. Do that a few times and fluid should be clear red :y  Ps. PAS fluid is dexron III atf.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Changing rear brake lines Advice needed
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2014, 22:34:56 »

Believe Dex III is incompatible with Omega Power Steering (although specified for autobox) - Dex II should be used for PAS ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.