Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Halfords offer.  (Read 5102 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Halfords offer.
« on: 17 July 2016, 08:27:04 »

All socket sets 50% off :)
Hoof'land storeman.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Halfords offer.
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2016, 09:21:57 »

*looks at credit card bill*
*looks at toolbox already bursting with sockets and tools*
*still tempted to get another one just in case*

One of the million great things abiut MrsGK however - now she has her own project car, I can buy just about anything so long as I tell her its for her and I'll only borrow it...  :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2016, 09:31:33 »

Ref Halfords offers...went in there last week for some car cleaning items and while i was looking a young lady who worked there told me,,,between 2pm and 4 pm there is 30% off all car cleaning products,,,when paying at the till i asked why were there not any notices up in the shop to show all the offers,her reply was,we are not allowed to advertise the fact in the shop as all timed offers are on the internet and i should look on there before shopping at the store,,she did say,,however we have a small piece of paper stuck besides the till and if we see anyone looking at those products on that list we would then go and inform them of the offers so maybe to encourage a sale..she had several offers on her list for that day,,but because I did not look on the net first,but just happened to pop in while out shopping I would have missed out on the 30% discount,,,seems strange to me that we have to look on the internet before going into Halfords just to see the deals they have...or maybe its me just being an old git, ;D ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2016, 16:15:30 »

Ref Halfords offers...went in there last week for some car cleaning items and while i was looking a young lady who worked there told me,,,between 2pm and 4 pm there is 30% off all car cleaning products,,,when paying at the till i asked why were there not any notices up in the shop to show all the offers,her reply was,we are not allowed to advertise the fact in the shop as all timed offers are on the internet and i should look on there before shopping at the store,,she did say,,however we have a small piece of paper stuck besides the till and if we see anyone looking at those products on that list we would then go and inform them of the offers so maybe to encourage a sale..she had several offers on her list for that day,,but because I did not look on the net first,but just happened to pop in while out shopping I would have missed out on the 30% discount,,,seems strange to me that we have to look on the internet before going into Halfords just to see the deals they have...or maybe its me just being an old git, ;D ;D

As you say, they (Stores) are aware of up and coming sale offers, which in ost cases are National, I dont pop in so much these days, but when I do I always try and fing someone who looks as though they have half a brain and not too busy if there's any offers coming up, in particular Oil, Batteries and Tools  :y 

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2016, 18:33:49 »

As you say, they (Stores) are aware of up and coming sale offers, which in ost cases are National, I dont pop in so much these days, but when I do I always try and fing someone who looks as though they have half a brain and not too busy if there's any offers coming up, in particular Oil, Batteries and Tools  :y
That is probaly illegal, even if fun at the time. ::) :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2016, 20:01:50 »

It is totally legal, apart from Essex when they banned it in Ford Capri's.  ;)

I will endeavor to complain to Microsoft about there Spellchecker Auto Correction again.  ::)

By the way, probaly is spelt probably, so best check your spellchecker.   ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2016, 22:19:44 »

It is totally legal, apart from Essex when they banned it in Ford Capri's.  ;)

I will endeavor to complain to Microsoft about there Spellchecker Auto Correction again.  ::)

By the way, probaly is spelt probably, so best check your spellchecker.   ;D

;D ;D ;D :y

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2016, 06:27:54 »

Apples smellchecker is a fickin nuisance.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2016, 12:14:05 »

Most of the words you use consist of only four letters, so 'spellchecker' shouldn't be necessary. :)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2016, 12:27:12 »

Most of the words you use consist of only four letters, so 'spellchecker' shouldn't be necessary. :)
Knob head :P  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2016, 12:38:20 »

Not totally sure but shouldn't that read knob-head........as the two words are linked. :)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2016, 13:41:47 »

Not totally sure but shouldn't that read knob-head........as the two words are linked. :)
Surely that would count as longer than four letters  :-\

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 July 2016, 18:25:46 »

Surely that would count as longer than four letters  :-\

It's like Vorderman's got Tourette's!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2016, 11:26:57 »

This weekend.
Tom-tom 25 western Europe lifetime maps £69.00
Hoof'land storeman.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 July 2016, 12:37:26 »

Surely a spellchecker is only of use to witches and wizards?

Ron.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.