Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: locking and kurb light not working on one door  (Read 1155 times)

chelskifl

• chertsey
  • Yaba Daba Do Omega I Luv U
    • View Profile
locking and kurb light not working on one door
« on: 05 July 2007, 12:38:12 »

hi just thouight i would let you all know i have solved the mysterious problem ..
my alarm horn went up in smoke the other month.. just as i was driving smoke in the car night mare..
got a new horn and loom ready to fit.. but first i needed to find the electrical short that caused the problem,,  since the smoke, my drives passenger door would not lock any more.. plus the curb lights on the door was not working either, so first checked the fuse under the dash , that was ok. now this fuse 20amp handles the central locking and the kurb light. when removed ,, yes u gueased it the locking did not work and no kurb lights on all doors replace it all working bar that drivers passeger door.

so i traced all the way to the rubber cable cover which goeas from piller to door,, two broken wires,, repaired all ok.. i spoke to some one at gm and the said it was a design fault,, so i replaced the brken cable with a rubber coated wire, which can handle more door opening and closing.. so if you get a locking or door light problem ,, put this on your check list ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: locking and kurb light not working on one door
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2007, 12:57:23 »

hi just thouight i would let you all know i have solved the mysterious problem ..
my alarm horn went up in smoke the other month.. just as i was driving smoke in the car night mare..
got a new horn and loom ready to fit.. but first i needed to find the electrical short that caused the problem,,  since the smoke, my drives passenger door would not lock any more.. plus the curb lights on the door was not working either, so first checked the fuse under the dash , that was ok. now this fuse 20amp handles the central locking and the kurb light. when removed ,, yes u gueased it the locking did not work and no kurb lights on all doors replace it all working bar that drivers passeger door.

so i traced all the way to the rubber cable cover which goeas from piller to door,, two broken wires,, repaired all ok.. i spoke to some one at gm and the said it was a design fault,, so i replaced the brken cable with a rubber coated wire, which can handle more door opening and closing.. so if you get a locking or door light problem ,, put this on your check list ::)
Thanks for info :y

Not a problem I've seen or heard off, so not sure if it is a big problem to make it worth changing, but certainly helps to know if anyone does get this happen to them :)
Grumpy old man

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: locking and kurb light not working on one door
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2007, 17:24:36 »

So if VX said it was a design fault and could cause a fire then surely they should do a recall and rectifiy the problem?
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.