Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open circuit on alarm and powersounder  (Read 888 times)

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
Open circuit on alarm and powersounder
« on: 08 August 2009, 13:50:25 »

when Kevin had his Tech2 attached it was noted that the alarm and powersounder were both registered as open circuit.

I think they must have been disconnected by the previous owner as the key fob didnt work so every time he unlocked the door with the key, off goes the alarm!  >:(

I took a peek under the scuttle to see if it was obvious if the connectors were pulled off, i could only see one and it looked like it was on, so is there a fuse or other breaker that could have been removed to shut them up?

I cant imagine both are faulty, im not that worried about having the alarm, just like to have things working if they are on the car!   :)

Cheers

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Open circuit on alarm and powersounder
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2009, 11:00:46 »

If you look under the scuttle there should be two sounders just behind the driver's side front suspension turret.

The alarm horn looks exactly like a standard horn. It's a round device with a 2 pin electrical connector.

The power sounder is a rectangular plastic box with a mushroom shaped cover inset into one end. This would have a 4 pin electrical connector.

It might be worth taking the scuttle panel off completely to have a better look. The horns sometimes fail open circuit even if plugged in. Power sounders frequently fail due to leaking internal batteries and are disconnected to shut them up.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.