Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 23:41:25 
Started by Mister Rog - Last post by Mister Rog
So Khan is re-elected Mayor of London. Surprise surprise given the demographics of London. 
Without much doubt, Labour will form the next Government
Theocracy rather than democracy ever increasingly influences current voting patterns
I'm off. I'll stick my head in the sand.
It's very selfish, but I'm of an age when current events will not affect me greatly. I just feel sorry for my kids and future generations.

on: Yesterday at 23:25:57 
Started by Mr Skrunts - Last post by Sir Tigger KC

I decided to go horse riding. Something I haven't done for many many years. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and we started off slowly, grew in confidence, went a little faster, before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me behind.
It just wouldn't stop!!

This almost happened to me twenty odd years ago when I went on a horse riding 'experience day' with a group of about 15 people.  ::)

At the end of the day when the instructor decided we were all confident enough to try a gallop, off we went on the way back to the stables. Unfortunately my left foot came out of its stirrup and I couldn't get it back in. With all my weight on the right stirrup my saddle started to slip over. I tried to get the horse to slow down but he was enjoying a run out with his mates and took no notice. Eventually, I had my left foot on the horses rump, my right foot still in the stirrup but that by now was underneath the horse, and I'd let go of the reins and was clinging on for dear life with my arms wrapped around the horses neck.

Realising that I was going to end up falling off and was going to get dragged along by my foot in the stirrup, I kicked my foot out of the stirrup and just pushed myself off the side of the horse as hard as I could. I hit the ground, bounced off the fence that we were riding alongside and curled into a ball as a blur of horses hooves flashed by!  :o  Luckily I didn't get hit and all that was hurt was my pride, apart from being winded from hitting the ground.  Oh and a nasty gash in the side of one of my Doc Martin boots where it hit a bit of the barbed wire fence. Thank God I wasn't wearing trainers!  ::)

It all seemed to happen in slow motion, but the people riding behind me said that one moment I was on the horse in front, and then I was on the ground as they went by!  ;D   That was another one of my nine lives gone!  :D

I haven't got on a horse since.....

on: Yesterday at 23:02:14 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Richard

on: Yesterday at 21:30:08 
Started by Andy B - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
And 30 years since Senna died at Imola.  :(

on: Yesterday at 20:59:48 
Started by Andy B - Last post by Varche
It certainly does fly.

We were only talking about the government briefings we got each evening on tv.

on: Yesterday at 20:52:15 
Started by Andy B - Last post by Andy B
 ... it was 42 years ago today that HMS Sheffield was sunk during the Falklands 'war'?  ???

I was in Pompey on Whale Island at the time ..... it was silent in the mess when the news was released.
doesn't time fly?

on: Yesterday at 20:49:25 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by Raeturbo
Turd

on: Yesterday at 20:26:22 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by STEMO
ASnd it has. For the third time in a row.  :(
I'm too old to care. If it's what the electorate think they want, then they'll get what they deserve.

on: Yesterday at 20:18:36 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
ASnd it has. For the third time in a row.  :(

on: Yesterday at 20:12:30 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Ironically, the 9pm film on Film4 tonight is London has fallen::)  >:D

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.