Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insignia seats  (Read 5269 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Insignia seats
« on: 08 December 2009, 16:47:23 »

Sat in an Insignia SE today to check it out. The seats are b****y uncomfortable, very firm and with a very short squab, so little thigh support for us lankys. You would not want to drive in one for any distance.
I would not buy one of those. How can a company that designed the superbly comfortable mig seats come up with such a crap design? The first part of any car design should be comfortable seats.

Then I sat in the cheaper S, which has more comfortable seats! Go figure!

feeutfo

Re: Insignia seats
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2009, 20:42:59 »

not everyone has a sport seat arse. Mine does not fit jag x type sport seats either, the side bolsters are right under the backs of my legs. Very uncomfortable.

Deliberately sat in mv6 seats to try them and their fine, so it can be done. Just needs a test driver of more  (coff)  normal proportions to help the design process.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2009, 21:48:55 »

...... Just needs a test driver of more  (coff)  normal proportions to help the design process.

Just not 'generous' then .........  ::)  ::)  ::)   :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2009, 22:44:37 »

not everyone has a sport seat arse. Mine does not fit jag x type sport seats either, the side bolsters are right under the backs of my legs. Very uncomfortable.

Deliberately sat in mv6 seats to try them and their fine, so it can be done. Just needs a test driver of more  (coff)  normal proportions to help the design process.

I'm certainly not heavy at 13 Stone and 6'4", so perhaps the hard seats in the Insignia are to cater for the modern trend to obesity! :(

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2009, 00:08:03 »

I'm certainly not heavy at 13 Stone and 6'4", so perhaps the hard seats in the Insignia are to cater for the modern trend to obesity! :(

13 stone and 6'4? Is that possible?..... Get some pies lad. ;D ;-)
There are some very strange ideas about what passes as a comfortable car seat, no doubt about it.
Volvo seem on the ball. Shame about the rest of their cars.

And i must have look in the front of the dealers next time i'm in the parts dept. I usually avoid the showroom like the plague.

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2009, 08:44:34 »

If you want comfy seats get a french car.
Just don't expect anything else except seats will be good ;D

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2009, 09:47:00 »

If you want comfy seats get a french car.
Just don't expect anything else except seats will be good ;D

I'm on the large (for cattle) size and find the best seats are:
Current XJ8
Any large recent Volvo
Saab 9-5

Seats are designed to fit a range of people-the above cars are usually bought by "comfortable" middle-agers and therefore are designed more with them in mind-worth thinking about if you are larger and want to be comfy.  A C2, for example is likely to be bought by slim youngsters so has seats to suit.

I can't abide "sports" seats and wish manufacturers would concentrate on comfort over rock hard handling and speed.

Maybe I'm getting old...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2009, 12:38:00 »

i have sat in the Insignia a couple of times waiting for parts at the Vx dealer, the interior design is nice, i like the dash layout, and position of everything, but it just feels so dark and small inside. Visibility is crap looking out the back window, i know its a Vectra replacement not Omega, but it feels a LOT smaller.

Seats rock hard, but then again it is brand new  :-/

I am 6ft4, and lanky, get back into the Omega and i can sink into its nice soft seats, with buckets of room and in a light cabin with loads of space.

Don't know what to do when Omegas become too old  :'(

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2009, 12:40:59 »

Don't know what to do when Omegas become too old 

It's simple Tunnie you'll be driving an oldtimer ;D

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2009, 13:26:21 »

i have sat in the Insignia a couple of times waiting for parts at the Vx dealer, the interior design is nice, i like the dash layout, and position of everything, but it just feels so dark and small inside. Visibility is crap looking out the back window, i know its a Vectra replacement not Omega, but it feels a LOT smaller.

I am 6ft4, and lanky, get back into the Omega and i can sink into its nice soft seats, with buckets of room and in a light cabin with loads of space.

Yes, yes-I know, but go and drive the new 2009- Skoda Superb-they are stunningly well built and luxurious.
I'm waiting for the day they will be cheap enough secondhand...cheapest base model secondhand is still 12k+  :(

To all disbelievers go out in one before making comment-there's a 3.6 V6 4wd and a 170BHP diesel in the range-and DSG boxes, too-LOVELY   :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2009, 16:33:50 »

Yes, yes-I know, but go and drive the new 2009- Skoda Superb-they are stunningly well built and luxurious.
I'm waiting for the day they will be cheap enough secondhand...cheapest base model secondhand is still 12k+  :(

To all disbelievers go out in one before making comment-there's a 3.6 V6 4wd and a 170BHP diesel in the range-and DSG boxes, too-LOVELY   :y

I am defo going to check these out! But have they got 'longleg' legroom?

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2009, 17:03:31 »

Mega.  Many limo fleets are swapping S Classes for them apparently.  Front seats go right back too for the driver-plus are electric/multi-adjustable from mid-spec upwards.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2009, 17:18:42 »

Mega.  Many limo fleets are swapping S Classes for them apparently.  Front seats go right back too for the driver-plus are electric/multi-adjustable from mid-spec upwards.

Going to be a good 5 years before they are within my budget

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2009, 17:33:14 »

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2009/november/27/16942.asp

Looks "superb", but will not be cheap in a decent variant.
give it 5 years as Tunnie says, and they might be affordable, esp. the Estate which I would want :'(
« Last Edit: 09 December 2009, 17:34:16 by ci643215 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2009, 17:36:10 »

give it 5 years as Tunnie says, and they might be affordable, esp. the Estate which I would want :'(

Call me cheap, but i don't see the point of buying something so new, its only going to fall in value, and loose pots of money.

I bought my 2000 plate Omega in 2005, and the 2006 plate GS in 2009, there is no point buying brand new! Better off waiting a few years until most of its value has fallen away

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 December 2009, 17:42:12 »

I agree they are a very nice car but when i think of limo and the people that usually hire/drive them (not 16yr olds in a pink hummer on there way to prom night) will they really want to be in a Skoda or the S class. I know which i'd choose  ;D ;D
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 December 2009, 17:42:26 »

Agreed tunnie don't buy new buy cheap used and sell for more than you paid  ;D Anyway I do find Volvo do great seats, omegas do great seats but have found other vauxhalls lacking, saab do great seats although being 5ft 8" probably not the best person to ask about seats  ;D
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 December 2009, 18:25:18 »

Call me cheap, but i don't see the point of buying something so new, its only going to fall in value, and loose pots of money.

I bought my 2000 plate Omega in 2005, and the 2006 plate GS in 2009, there is no point buying brand new! Better off waiting a few years until most of its value has fallen away

I agree with the basic premise, and I did buy my Omega at only 8 months old and 7k miles, not cheap at two thirds of list price, but I have now owned it happily for ten years, so I guess it owes me nothing. I have not spent more than £500 for other than service items, and it has been a wonderful car. Just as reliable as my '59 Beetle owned for 12 years, and my '72 Renault 16 for ten years.:y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 December 2009, 19:04:57 »

Yeah, but I want one NOW  >:(

For quality photos see this excellent site-one of my favourite sites:

http://www.netcarshow.com/skoda/2010-superb_combi/

there are 131 decent photos on there, I like the cabin:

http://www.netcarshow.com/skoda/2010-superb_combi/800x600/wallpaper_56.htm

« Last Edit: 09 December 2009, 19:13:03 by geoffharvey »

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 December 2009, 20:17:28 »

The missis is getting fed up with the Elite - some startign issues and EML light permanently on - so we looked at a few cars on Saturday.
Suzuki Swift (!!)
Suzuki Grand Vitara
New Astra (hmmmmmm nice!)
then an Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRi which she promptly fell in love with - bearing in mind she's not exactly sylph-like! (No, she won't be buying a new one!).

Now this is good news because I get all the Elite toys AND the new (as yet unfitted ) Irmscher front bumper to fit to mine - woohoo!!!! :D :D :D

But she's yet to make her mind up 100%..............
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2009, 15:13:51 »

Saw that insignia here recently on display.
Car looks great but bloody expensive. it was around 33 thousand pounds with some toys >:(

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2009, 15:29:37 »

I agree they are a very nice car but when i think of limo and the people that usually hire/drive them (not 16yr olds in a pink hummer on there way to prom night) will they really want to be in a Skoda or the S class. I know which i'd choose  ;D ;D

Strangely, though-it does carry it off.  I know there is Skopda snobbery, but I sat one of our female office staff in one, told her it was a 90k Audi A8 and she was staggered when I told her what it really was.  Another convert...!!

I don't get it though-why does VW group not want to keep Skoda as a budget brand instead of another rival for VW/Audi??
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.