Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: * POSSIBLE * Good news!  (Read 928 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
* POSSIBLE * Good news!
« on: 02 December 2006, 12:06:40 »

Last night, I was tidying my room. When I came across a Vauxhall Key, on a Fob. I wasn't too hopeful, but I took it down to my donor car, in hope that it was the right key. It didn't work in the ignition, however it DID work in the doors, and the boot, so the key's obviously associated with that car.

I guess this means, there is a good chance, that the transponder on that key will be the correct one for the ECU - which means I could move the ECU over to the project car.

I'm hoping someone at some point just changed the ignition barrel on the donor car, and not all the locks. If they changed all the locks, then it's probably not the right transponder.

Unfortunately I can't test it until tomorrow, so I'm going to have to wait  ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: * POSSIBLE * Good news!
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2006, 12:19:36 »

Last night, I was tidying my room. When I came across a Vauxhall Key, on a Fob. I wasn't too hopeful, but I took it down to my donor car, in hope that it was the right key. It didn't work in the ignition, however it DID work in the doors, and the boot, so the key's obviously associated with that car.

I guess this means, there is a good chance, that the transponder on that key will be the correct one for the ECU - which means I could move the ECU over to the project car.

I'm hoping someone at some point just changed the ignition barrel on the donor car, and not all the locks. If they changed all the locks, then it's probably not the right transponder.

Unfortunately I can't test it until tomorrow, so I'm going to have to wait  ::)

Sounds good..............But you'll have to wait till tomorrow ;D :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.