Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's my spoiler?  (Read 4792 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Where's my spoiler?
« Reply #45 on: 08 September 2009, 14:09:04 »

Spoke to the garage that this vehicle was first serviced at at 10k ( I assumed this was the dealership it was bought from but turned out not to be the case).
They tell me its not unheard of for some vehicles to suffer from a " Mis-build " during manufacturing. Some cars on occasions end up with things like spoilers or a sunroof for example. He says mine " could" be one that had a spoiler missing and a standard front bumper and not MV6 fitted. Doesn't explain why the main agent and the new owner didn't put it right. Will I ever get to the bottom of this I wonder?

Ordinarily, I'd say it was down to the first owner wanting a bit of subtlety - like people putting TDi bumpers and bootlid on an Octavia vRS... but Joe Public wouldn't be able to spot an MV6 from a GLS anyway IMHO...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 September 2009, 14:12:03 »

My MV6 has no rear spoiler, wood interior trim and an Elite style front bumper. It has sports seats and lowered suspension though, and every other part of the spec. is right for an MV6. History is clean and I've done a reasonable amount of digging around on it and no reason to suspect anything is not original (not until I drove it anyway :'( ).

When I had to change the front bumper due to an embedded motorbike, the spec was checked against the VIN and confirmed that it left the factory with an Elite style bumper (good job IMO cos I don't like the facelift MV6 one).

It seems that the spec did vary a bit. The owner history of my car does suggest it was pre-reg by Vauxhall as it has them briefly as 1st owner. Maybe they didn't fit the lower volume MV6 panels to such vehicles to cut costs?

Anyway, it doesn't appear to be unusual, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
  • Garden City, North Wales
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 September 2009, 14:13:42 »

And yet he opted for leather interior though. If your right the first owner needs his head looking at.. :(

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
  • Garden City, North Wales
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 September 2009, 14:17:20 »

Sorry Kevin I made my last comment before I read yours.  I'm happy enough with not having the front bumper but I would like to fit a spoiler thouggh. Just me being picky. Good to know there are others out there with an unusual spec..

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09 September 2009, 14:05:44 »

I agree they look better with the spoiler, I want one on my CDX but funds will not allow for quite some time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.