Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It shifted  (Read 3379 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: It shifted
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2009, 22:34:57 »

How often do you go over 90 normally?
Which car? Actually, doesn't matter. Answer is :  :-X
I do tend to run super petrol either BP or Shell (mainly for cleaning reasons)
Flled up with the stuff last week for the first time in over a year. Then found the LPG guy in the isle of wight, so filled up with that. Then realised I was paying 66.9p/L :o

Oh, well, I won't run out of fuel for a while. Might syphon some off for the mower.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2009, 23:31:32 »

Which car? Actually, doesn't matter. Answer is :  :-X
Flled up with the stuff last week for the first time in over a year. Then found the LPG guy in the isle of wight, so filled up with that. Then realised I was paying 66.9p/L :o

Oh, well, I won't run out of fuel for a while. Might syphon some off for the mower.

Kevin

Middle speeds are where the performance is usable I doubt I'll ever get to an Autobahn

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2009, 23:34:22 »

normally 90 tbh   ::)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2009, 23:55:47 »

on the way up the m5 from newent :D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 September 2009, 08:26:12 »

Almost never tbh, I have a mate though who regularly drives at over 120mph, don't know how he's kept his licence! I've only ever driven at 120mph once, expected police helicopters to appear at any moment  ;D ;D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 September 2009, 09:34:35 »

at the end of the day all Omegas are slug like compared with other cars, i just sit back and enjoy the ride  8-)

Beg to differ mate, my 2.6 is capable of a nice turn of speed if requested.......Almost quick off the lights when the rams kick in and in sports mode at 70+mph it is fantastic......

:y

We have a 3.0 as well, all multi-rams working as it should, even driven hard 4 pot diesels can easily keep up.

Why do you think i never bothered to 'upgrade'  :y

« Last Edit: 08 September 2009, 09:35:18 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 September 2009, 18:52:44 »

at the end of the day all Omegas are slug like compared with other cars, i just sit back and enjoy the ride  8-)

Beg to differ mate, my 2.6 is capable of a nice turn of speed if requested.......Almost quick off the lights when the rams kick in and in sports mode at 70+mph it is fantastic......

We have a 3.0 as well, all multi-rams working as it should, even driven hard 4 pot diesels can easily keep up.

Consider when we picked up that 2.5 from East Midlands a couple of years back, and I drove your 2.2 back?  Even with the 2.5 running poorly, I had to rag the tits off your 2.2 to even try to keep up.  Suggesting a 2.2 is in any way close to one of the v6 models is pretty ludicrous ;)
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 September 2009, 19:09:56 »

i think tunnie is right at the end of the day a Fiesta Zetec S is faster round the twisty stuff than an omega theyre a luxury car not a WRX STi Imprezza

i had an MV6 and id deffinatly say a Vectra GSi is alot faster than the omega due to weight

Previously had a Vectra V6 Sri ex plod with MV6 cams in it

should also add my Dads 530D BMW absolutely mullered my manual MV6 the MV6 will beat a Saxo with ease but it cant keep up with a Mini CooperS ive tried! not a Golf Turbo GTi got a long list of cars ive raced and lost!
« Last Edit: 08 September 2009, 19:14:53 by tmx »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 September 2009, 22:01:14 »

i think tunnie is right at the end of the day a Fiesta Zetec S is faster round the twisty stuff than an omega theyre a luxury car not a WRX STi Imprezza

i had an MV6 and id deffinatly say a Vectra GSi is alot faster than the omega due to weight

Previously had a Vectra V6 Sri ex plod with MV6 cams in it

should also add my Dads 530D BMW absolutely mullered my manual MV6 the MV6 will beat a Saxo with ease but it cant keep up with a Mini CooperS ive tried! not a Golf Turbo GTi got a long list of cars ive raced and lost!
Hmmm, I certainly wouldn't rate my MV6 as the best Omega out there, not by a long shot.  But a 330D was no match for my auto last time I tried - he started to run out of steam around the 125/130 mark.  Theres not many cars that have left me behind around the lanes around here either  :-/
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 September 2009, 22:07:04 »

Consider when we picked up that 2.5 from East Midlands a couple of years back, and I drove your 2.2 back?  Even with the 2.5 running poorly, I had to rag the tits off your 2.2 to even try to keep up.  Suggesting a 2.2 is in any way close to one of the v6 models is pretty ludicrous ;)

Not saying mine is close at-all, just saying i don't find the big V6's that fast compared to other cars.

I mashed the pedal to the floor in our 3.0 Elite and that Accord which was behind us, a CDTi, kept up. I won, but only just.

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 September 2009, 22:17:07 »

Should add the old mans is a Facelift 230bhp model i agree that in a motrway race the omega will give anything a good run for its money

but from a standing start on a 1/4 mile the omega tbh doesnt stand much chance with something small modern and with 150+bhp i do most of my racing off traffic lights as where i live doesnt have motorways or nice dual carriageways!

but the 740i ive just bought (my first auto) feels alot faster than the omega maybe the V8 tourqe factor though :-? one thing the omega doesnt have is the Lovely Gurgling VANOS noise that you get from 4k rpm

i did race an S3 on the way to swindon once and it was close we both started at 70 got myn upto 150 and didnt do it for long i notice my migs engine gets quite hot when its been reved up for a while

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 September 2009, 22:22:09 »

Not saying mine is close at-all, just saying i don't find the big V6's that fast compared to other cars.

I mashed the pedal to the floor in our 3.0 Elite and that Accord which was behind us, a CDTi, kept up. I won, but only just.
That needs looking at then
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 September 2009, 22:24:16 »

Should add the old mans is a Facelift 230bhp model i agree that in a motrway race the omega will give anything a good run for its money

but from a standing start on a 1/4 mile the omega tbh doesnt stand much chance with something small modern and with 150+bhp i do most of my racing off traffic lights as where i live doesnt have motorways or nice dual carriageways!

but the 740i ive just bought (my first auto) feels alot faster than the omega maybe the V8 tourqe factor though :-? one thing the omega doesnt have is the Lovely Gurgling VANOS noise that you get from 4k rpm

i did race an S3 on the way to swindon once and it was close we both started at 70 got myn upto 150 and didnt do it for long i notice my migs engine gets quite hot when its been reved up for a while
No idea what engine the 330d had in, can't comment.

S3? Is that the sporty small Audi hatch?  Bloody good in a straight line to motorway speeds if they can get the power down, but easy target around the roundabouts of Milton Keynes. Apparently ::)
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2009, 22:28:13 »

driven 530d.. its heavy and sluggish for the traffic lights start .. after the turbo kicks in peforms well though.. but no chance in a short run against small cars ( ;D tested)

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2009, 22:28:38 »

yes the S3 is the little Audi this one i raced is my mates its an X reg and smokes a bit so its turbo must be on deaths door lol 4WD though! so it dont do burnouts like the omega
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.