Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It shifted  (Read 3378 times)

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: It shifted
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2009, 22:30:43 »

Once my BMW has a new radiator i shall be racing the 740i ill report back with weather its any good

had top speed out of it on the way home though i popped into Santa pod on the way home ::) ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #31 on: 08 September 2009, 22:31:29 »

as a principle I never race 4 wheel drives as when you are eating your tires they let you in dust ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2009, 22:33:10 »

Once my BMW has a new radiator i shall be racing the 740i ill report back with weather its any good

had top speed out of it on the way home though i popped into Santa pod on the way home ::) ::)
My bro had a 1998 540 v8.  It was all torque, not that revvy, but went well enough :y
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #33 on: 09 September 2009, 00:10:03 »

at the end of the day all Omegas are slug like compared with other cars, i just sit back and enjoy the ride  8-)

Beg to differ mate, my 2.6 is capable of a nice turn of speed if requested.......Almost quick off the lights when the rams kick in and in sports mode at 70+mph it is fantastic......

:y

We have a 3.0 as well, all multi-rams working as it should, even driven hard 4 pot diesels can easily keep up.

Why do you think i never bothered to 'upgrade'  :y

3.0 needs an italian tune up i reckon, or rev over 1k would be a start.

Must admit i am wondering if some spammer has hacked your account Tunnie.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 September 2009, 09:43:50 »

as a principle I never race 4 wheel drives as when you are eating your tires they let you in dust ;D

A mate of mine had a Sylva Jester with Fiat Panda 4x4 running gear and an Uno Turbo engine (IIRC).

An ugly pig of a car (IMHO - have a look http://yodaofbo.spaceport1.co.uk/features/other/Sylva/sylva_jester.html) and with that much Fiat pedigree it clearly didn't always move under its' own power but when it did - I remember being at a kit car show where they were timing standing 1/4 miles had he wiped the floor with everything - and we're talking Caterham R500s and the works here.

Embarrassed a few folk. ;D Of course, give it half a mile and he'd have been eating humble pie but 4wd does make a huge difference to how quickly you can launch a car (assuming you've got enough power to make it worthwhile).

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 September 2009, 11:39:05 »

Should add the old mans is a Facelift 230bhp model i agree that in a motrway race the omega will give anything a good run for its money

but from a standing start on a 1/4 mile the omega tbh doesnt stand much chance with something small modern and with 150+bhp i do most of my racing off traffic lights as where i live doesnt have motorways or nice dual carriageways!

but the 740i ive just bought (my first auto) feels alot faster than the omega maybe the V8 tourqe factor though :-? one thing the omega doesnt have is the Lovely Gurgling VANOS noise that you get from 4k rpm

i did race an S3 on the way to swindon once and it was close we both started at 70 got myn upto 150 and didnt do it for long i notice my migs engine gets quite hot when its been reved up for a while

How did you manage that near Swindon without Fuzz clocking you?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #36 on: 09 September 2009, 12:56:00 »

A mate of mine had a Sylva Jester with Fiat Panda 4x4 running gear and an Uno Turbo engine (IIRC).

An ugly pig of a car (IMHO - have a look http://yodaofbo.spaceport1.co.uk/features/other/Sylva/sylva_jester.html) and with that much Fiat pedigree it clearly didn't always move under its' own power but when it did - I remember being at a kit car show where they were timing standing 1/4 miles had he wiped the floor with everything - and we're talking Caterham R500s and the works here.

Embarrassed a few folk. ;D Of course, give it half a mile and he'd have been eating humble pie but 4wd does make a huge difference to how quickly you can launch a car (assuming you've got enough power to make it worthwhile).

Kevin

watched an old model scooby and Audi R8 start..

result was shocking.. Audi was within its first meters when the scooby finished the lap.. ;D

problem is strong engines have big problem transferring their power to the road wih 2 tires unless enormous size tires are used.. :-?
« Last Edit: 09 September 2009, 12:57:44 by cem_devecioglu »

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 September 2009, 15:46:05 »

Should add the old mans is a Facelift 230bhp model i agree that in a motrway race the omega will give anything a good run for its money

but from a standing start on a 1/4 mile the omega tbh doesnt stand much chance with something small modern and with 150+bhp i do most of my racing off traffic lights as where i live doesnt have motorways or nice dual carriageways!

but the 740i ive just bought (my first auto) feels alot faster than the omega maybe the V8 tourqe factor though :-? one thing the omega doesnt have is the Lovely Gurgling VANOS noise that you get from 4k rpm

i did race an S3 on the way to swindon once and it was close we both started at 70 got myn upto 150 and didnt do it for long i notice my migs engine gets quite hot when its been reved up for a while

How did you manage that near Swindon without Fuzz clocking you?

On the A419/417 at 5am on our way down to Bournemouth for a Weekend

Martin_1962

« Reply #38 on: 09 September 2009, 19:11:09 »

Well it depends - if it wasn't for oncoming traffic I would have had a SIII Land Rover and a Freelander yesterday

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 09 September 2009, 20:20:06 »

Hardly a fair fight . ::)

Martin_1962

« Reply #40 on: 09 September 2009, 20:51:17 »

Hardly a fair fight . ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.