Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Prices  (Read 927 times)

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
Car Prices
« on: 01 November 2009, 14:28:37 »

Hi
    i,m just be looking on feabay as i was after an elite estate but must be mini facelift, possible t or v reg and of course 3.0 lite, i was amazed to see that their is not much about or with respect the prices are amazing.
  I see theirs a 2.5 elite, ok sort of low milages but its a 25 so not much in toys but its at £950 and still going, good for the seller but i must admit i feel all omegas are increasing in price, so what will my 1998 omega cdx estate in poloar sea blue, common colour no service history but all work carried out by me including a recent cambelt and all the rest recently, with black valour seats but with black elite door cards and oh 105 for the milage and 6 months mot approx
  Any ideas guys and girls, just testing the water see what people think look forward to some responds  :)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: Car Prices
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2009, 14:38:09 »

Almost everything at the moment is going above book price  :y Car sales are rocketing.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2009, 14:48:08 »

The scrappage scheme has cuased a shortage of used cars which has pushed prices up. :y

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2009, 15:21:01 »

The scrappage scheme has cuased a shortage of used cars which has pushed prices up. :y

Can't believe that, you only have to look at dealers, Autotrader and other sites............loads and loads of cars for sale.

Mick

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2009, 16:05:17 »

There will always be a lot of  cars around,but you only need to remove a relatively small percentage of any given market to slow down supply enough to push up prices.
I was reading an article by a car dealer recently which said that auction prices have risen quite a bit since the introduction of scrappage as dealers are competing with each other to get good used stock because scrappage had caused the normal supply chain to slow down to a certain extent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.