Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's got the best Omega on the forum?  (Read 5473 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Who's got the best Omega on the forum?
« Reply #45 on: 10 March 2011, 12:01:24 »

I have!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Why?  Because it is mine! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 March 2011, 12:25:46 »

I'd never argue with a woman Lizzie, of course you're right  ;) ;)
best wishes
Simon.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 March 2011, 13:57:13 »

I don't know but I have the worst! :o

Only crumb of comfort is that I have the second longest (nearly 12 years) continous tenure of an Omega of anyone on the forum (I believe) after that man Jim who cornered the market. ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 March 2011, 18:10:32 »

There are a lot of nice ones to chose from, it would be unfair to select just one as a 'best'

For me, personally, it would be my beloved MV6. Its rusty, tatty, tappets bang like a bitch, pisses oil out from somewhere, passenger seat heater is knackered....

...but its been a fantastic little chariot for the past 7.5yrs, 90k, taking me in comfort and style to the south of France (and sometimes even back again!) on multiple occasions. Its been superbly reliable (except its little French episode), fast and fun...

...and it was my first Omega. It was the one that got me in to Omegas. It was the one responsible for me getting involved here (not sure I've forgiven it for that!). It was the one that has made me some very good Omega friends...

...and of all the other Omegas I have owned, and had the honour of driving (which is a fair few), I'm always glad to get back in the Silver Bullet. It always feels "like home".
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #49 on: 10 March 2011, 18:10:57 »

I'd never argue with a woman Lizzie, of course you're right  ;) ;)

Very sensible! :y :y   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 March 2011, 19:04:58 »

Other than mine, which is only best because it's mine and owes me nothing ::), there are 3 that spring to mind.

Bob Dent's, Mike Dundee's and Jim's (collection ::))

Although Gixer's latest one has some real potential, even if it's in a colour combo I don't particularly like.

That said, Entwood's is pretty sweet too :-/ Apart from the gay colour :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 March 2011, 20:04:21 »

There are a lot of nice ones to chose from, it would be unfair to select just one as a 'best'

For me, personally, it would be my beloved MV6. Its rusty, tatty, tappets bang like a bitch, pisses oil out from somewhere, passenger seat heater is knackered....

...but its been a fantastic little chariot for the past 7.5yrs, 90k, taking me in comfort and style to the south of France (and sometimes even back again!) on multiple occasions. Its been superbly reliable (except its little French episode), fast and fun...

...and it was my first Omega. It was the one that got me in to Omegas. It was the one responsible for me getting involved here (not sure I've forgiven it for that!). It was the one that has made me some very good Omega friends...

...and of all the other Omegas I have owned, and had the honour of driving (which is a fair few), I'm always glad to get back in the Silver Bullet. It always feels "like home".

I agree with TB, mines a similar age and state to his and I love it to bits.  It just fits!
We've done 30000 miles together and she's never let me down (touches wood quickly)

That said, I've always had an eye on Bobs Car! ;)
Been there, fallen over it!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 March 2011, 20:32:03 »

I agree with TB, mines a similar age and state to his and I love it to bits.  It just fits!
We've done 30000 miles together and she's never let me down (touches wood quickly)

That said, I've always had an eye on Bobs Car! ;)
I know exactly what you are saying :y

I'm sure I wouldn't get on with yours, and you wouldn't get on with mine (forgetting the saloon/estate needs), there is just something that makes it work for us :)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #53 on: 10 March 2011, 21:31:07 »

Bobs is very nice to drive too.  :y.    :-X

Now if Mikes/Jims where black.....  ;).      

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10 March 2011, 21:39:28 »

Bobs car is gorgeous, i should know i washed & handwaxed it & the Telford meet. Think he's changed the wheels now?
   Mike Dundee has spent a small fortune on suspension/bodywork & the car is a credit to him. I've seen a few cars at meets that show how much thier oofers love them & i'll never tire of seeing them.

That said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I bought the Beastie from Hotel21. She was a good car then & i've spent a small fortune making her my own in the last 2 & 1/2 years & still enjoy just looking at her let alone driving her.

It'll be a sad day when she has to make way for the Monaro but that's some time off yet. 8-)
Curry makes the world go round!

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 March 2011, 10:19:02 »

I really appreciate all the nice comments. :y I must admit I fell in love with it when Big Rod had it a few years ago and had to badger him to give me first option on it when he was ready to sell. It does look a little different since I changed the Azev alloys for original MV6 alloys but had to be done.
However, there are plenty of top looking Omega's on here including Mike Dundee's, Nigel's (Entwood), Jim's and Serek's among too many others to name. :y
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11 March 2011, 11:06:10 »

I really appreciate all the nice comments. :y I must admit I fell in love with it when Big Rod had it a few years ago and had to badger him to give me first option on it when he was ready to sell. It does look a little different since I changed the Azev alloys for original MV6 alloys but had to be done.
However, there are plenty of top looking Omega's on here including Mike Dundee's, Nigel's (Entwood), Jim's and Serek's among too many others to name. :y

I have to say that I'm not particularly susceptible to 'fancying cars but must add that when I saw this one I immediately did - there's just something about it that's more than its constituent parts. :-* :-*

Any chance of a couple of pictures to refresh our minds Mr Dent?
« Last Edit: 11 March 2011, 11:07:42 by Zulu77 »

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11 March 2011, 16:01:37 »

I test drove a full irmscher black 3.2 mv6 a couple of years ago for a forum member and it is by far my favourite

every possible extra apart from phone and rear seat heating

full kit inc sportstars, full mv6 spec inc alu door trims, AND it had sunroof and colour nav

it was £5000 at the time tho!

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11 March 2011, 16:32:51 »

Bobs is very nice to drive too.  :y.    :-X

Now if Mikes/Jims where black.....  ;).      

You would certainly know Chris ::).......and you didn't bring any duty free's back with you either!! ;D ;D

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11 March 2011, 16:36:02 »

I have to say that I'm not particularly susceptible to 'fancying cars but must add that when I saw this one I immediately did - there's just something about it that's more than its constituent parts. :-* :-*

Any chance of a couple of pictures to refresh our minds Mr Dent?

I need to take some more recent pics and upload them to photobucket first Z as I haven't taken any since I changed the wheels. I'll try and get some done soon. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.