Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rishi's EV jitters  (Read 7149 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Rishi's EV jitters
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2023, 07:03:13 »

I notice that, in all of the noise generated by this announcement, not one article mentions a very big point that Sunak made early in his speech. That GB accounts for less than 1% of global emissions. No matter what we do, unless the big emitters do the same, it won't make even a tiny difference. This is big business screaming that it going to cost them money. No surprise there.
On the subject of cars, most of the major manufacturers have already said that they will not be producing any ICE  cars after 2030, and this policy will not change that. So......what's all the fuss about? Money, of course.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-12539863/Which-car-makers-said-wont-selling-petrol-diesel-models-2030.html
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2023, 09:43:26 »

Indeed most of the big boys we’re counting their chickens before they hatched, and it’s bit them on the arse😁
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2023, 10:16:52 »

I don't remember Britain's corrupt media going into hysteria mode when the EU delayed the ban on new petrol and diesel cars a few months ago?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2023, 10:51:01 »

I don't remember Britain's corrupt media going into hysteria mode when the EU delayed the ban on new petrol and diesel cars a few months ago?  ::)
Indeed, rather lazy arsed retards.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2023, 11:18:01 »

I notice that, in all of the noise generated by this announcement, not one article mentions a very big point that Sunak made early in his speech. That GB accounts for less than 1% of global emissions. No matter what we do, unless the big emitters do the same, it won't make even a tiny difference. This is big business screaming that it going to cost them money. No surprise there.
On the subject of cars, most of the major manufacturers have already said that they will not be producing any ICE  cars after 2030, and this policy will not change that. So......what's all the fuss about? Money, of course.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-12539863/Which-car-makers-said-wont-selling-petrol-diesel-models-2030.html

In fact, reading through again, I'm having trouble finding any of them even mentioning damage to the planet. Purely business.
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2023, 15:11:26 »

No difference to 15-20yrs ago when Brown promoted diesel cars. It's all about getting consumers spending on new cars. The emissions stuff is just virtue signalling.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2023, 16:55:59 »

If only they'd contacted OOF we could have made it quite clear that it's all a pipe dream & it will never fuc**ng work..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2023, 17:30:23 »

If only they'd contacted OOF we could have made it quite clear that it's all a pipe dream & it will never fuc**ng work..

here here!  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2023, 18:14:38 »

I've heard rumours that there's been so much bile from car manufacturers that he might have to do a U turn next week. Threats of court action and withdrawal of investment.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 September 2023, 10:03:50 »

So as usual it all turns out to be smoke and mirrors.  ::)

In the Net Zero thread in Gen Chat we were talking about boiler manufacturers having quotas imposed on them by the government for numbers of heat pumps they will be required to sell and they will be fined £5000 for every unit under target.

Well, the car manufacturers also have a quota of EV's that they have to sell, and they will be fined £15,000 per unit under target!  :o  Apparently by 2030 80% of their sales will have to be EV's, and despite Sunak's big announcement on Tuesday this still stands.  ::)

Soviet tractor factories spring to mind and I don't remember voting for Britain to become a planned/command economy!  >:(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66875554

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 September 2023, 17:50:46 »

But folk will still be able to buy s/h  none ev cars after 2035 and use them ( always assuming that ulez hasnt extended to even small towns. Malaga has just announced, despite being 80% complete, that the ULEZ due Jan 24 will now be Jan 25. Thank god.

Tigger. I think you have something there about Europe. I think it makes sense to align Britain with Germany and France.anyway car industry wise.

I suspect 'per mile charging' at a much higher rate then EV's and massive hikes in road tax will force the end of ICE cars when those in charge decide it's time.

If I haven't carked it by then I might just clone someone else's plates and run around until I get caught, I mean, a nice warm cell and food with the pension being paid into the bank ready for when I get out sounds like a full proof plan! ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 September 2023, 18:34:11 »

But folk will still be able to buy s/h  none ev cars after 2035 and use them ( always assuming that ulez hasnt extended to even small towns. Malaga has just announced, despite being 80% complete, that the ULEZ due Jan 24 will now be Jan 25. Thank god.

Tigger. I think you have something there about Europe. I think it makes sense to align Britain with Germany and France.anyway car industry wise.

I suspect 'per mile charging' at a much higher rate then EV's and massive hikes in road tax will force the end of ICE cars when those in charge decide it's time.

If I haven't carked it by then I might just clone someone else's plates and run around until I get caught, I mean, a nice warm cell and food with the pension being paid into the bank ready for when I get out sounds like a full proof plan! ;D

Sounds great, as long as you don't mind getting reamed out by 'Big Winston' every morning in the showers!  :o  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 September 2023, 19:32:23 »

Sounds great, as long as you don't mind getting reamed out by 'Big Winston' every morning in the showers!  :o  ;D
Big Manuel  ;)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 September 2023, 19:42:07 »

Now that Opel and Peugeot/Citroen are part of Stellantis, you have to include Italy. The British market isn't different enough to have different standards to Europe. That's true for everything, not just cars. It's so true, there ought to be an organisation that exists to make this easier ::)

Do I detect the slightest hint of sarcasm?....

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 September 2023, 15:34:40 »

An organisation would be useful, but all thats available is a political union. You could only try and argue it is only an organisation if you also argue that the USA is only an organisation.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.