Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: If you Bought a New Car? What Would You Choose?  (Read 9017 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: If you Bought a New Car? What Would You Choose?
« Reply #30 on: 18 October 2023, 09:47:20 »

Still strikes me as a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 October 2023, 11:27:11 »

A plug in hybrid is a total waste of piss and nowt more than a subversive way to get everyone to fit charging ports at home.

A conventional hybrid is practically a much better solution if only because it doesn't require an external power source in order to work.

A plug in hybrid is a conventional hybrid with the ability to charge from the mains and generally a larger battery, so actually far more useful
It would be even more useful if it had the ability to charge from either mains or engine.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 October 2023, 11:58:30 »

I still have a Range Rover L322 itch, and I'd better scratch that itch soon before they get too old and knackered!  ::)
And you, too ;D

;D  Yes.

That's one of my justifications. Medicinal purposes.  ::) A RR will be easier to get in and out of with my knackered hips, and when I eventually get round to getting them done it will be easier on them while they're still bedding in.  :y

Getting in and out of a car is quite difficult with knackered hips.  :-\  :(

This forum is like a chat in God's waiting room. Full of old people ready to drop off the perch. >:D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 October 2023, 12:12:58 »

I still have a Range Rover L322 itch, and I'd better scratch that itch soon before they get too old and knackered!  ::)
And you, too ;D

;D  Yes.

That's one of my justifications. Medicinal purposes.  ::) A RR will be easier to get in and out of with my knackered hips, and when I eventually get round to getting them done it will be easier on them while they're still bedding in.  :y

This forum is like a chat in God's waiting room. Full of old people ready to drop off the perch. >:D ;)

We're so glad to have you leading the charge to the Pearly Gates M'Lud!  :)                                                                                 ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 October 2023, 13:09:59 »

And you, too ;D

;D  Yes.

We're so glad to have you leading the charge to the Pearly Gates M'Lud! :)                                                                                 ;D

You go first Tig, and in 50 or 60 years I'll come along. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 October 2023, 14:17:52 »

And you, too ;D

;D  Yes.

We're so glad to have you leading the charge to the Pearly Gates M'Lud! :)                                                                                 ;D

Oh your appointment with the Grim Reaper will be long before mine so you'll be dust when my time comes.  ::)

Maybe the wind will blow your dust through the Pearly Gates after me.  :)       

Unless the lift takes you downwards of course!  :o  ;D                                                             
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 October 2023, 14:25:54 »

And you, too ;D

;D  Yes.

Oh your appointment with the Grim Reaper will be long before mine so you'll be dust when my time comes.  ::)

Maybe the wind will blow your dust through the Pearly Gates after me.  :)       

Unless the lift takes you downwards of course!  :o  ;D                                                           

I do hope so. The only thing to do in heaven is to read the bible and look pious. :-\

Below stairs the devil throws a great party, with plenty of raunchy devil girls, booze, and fine food. >:D >:D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 October 2023, 15:20:08 »

None of us can change our position in the queue, and then you wake up dead..😂 I wonder if you know when you are dead ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 October 2023, 17:09:39 »

None of us can change our position in the queue, and then you wake up dead..😂 I wonder if you know when you are dead ?
I imagine other people will know ,doesn't take the flies long  >:D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 October 2023, 17:38:57 »

I imagine, because obviously I can't know for certain, that being dead is much like before we are born, with no sense of anything whatsoever.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 October 2023, 21:53:10 »

It's rather scary. :-\

Happened to me a few times in 2009 when I was rushed into hospital.

There one second and gone the next, was just like tuning the light off.

Dont know how I was revived but it was a weird and vague experiance coming round with all the people arround in a wierd sort of panick, I was just very confused and then realeaved after realing I was alive.

Still here to complain and cause havock :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 October 2023, 22:13:04 »

Dont know how I was revived but it was a weird and vague experiance coming round with all the people arround in a wierd sort of panick, I was just very confused and then realeaved after realing I was alive.

You died in 2009? That explains a lot  ;D
Diesel till I die

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 October 2023, 01:01:26 »

You died in 2009? That explains a lot  ;D

Go back to 1971 after an accident and in a coma for 2 weeks imagine wakeing up to find surgeons had opened up my head trying to find my brain and leaving me with a 12"scar across the side of my head from front to back.  That left a lot more to think about.  ::) :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19 October 2023, 08:10:55 »

A plug in hybrid is a total waste of piss and nowt more than a subversive way to get everyone to fit charging ports at home.

A conventional hybrid is practically a much better solution if only because it doesn't require an external power source in order to work.

A plug in hybrid is a conventional hybrid with the ability to charge from the mains and generally a larger battery, so actually far more useful
It would be even more useful if it had the ability to charge from either mains or engine.

It charges under braking, charging from the engine is less economical than using the engine to drive the wheels :y

And its surprising just how much charge you get from braking alone, as an example, on my commute I can see 9kWh of regenerated energy gained and that's a lot of motorway driving where its constant speed.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 October 2023, 11:33:57 »

Had a read about the new qashqai e-Power this morning, seems a bit of a con. Engine constantly charging a battery which powers a motor which drives the front wheels. The manufacturer blurb says 55mpg and 1000km from a 55 litre tank of petrol. The reviewer in this report got only 35mpg, admittedly with snow and ice on the roads. But my 1.6 diesel will get 1000km from a 55 litre tank so, at well over £30,000, you'd have to very concerned about what does/doesn't come out of the tail pipe :

https://www.wintonsworld.com/nissan-qashqai-e-power-190-tekna-hybrid-review/
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.