Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Never a dull moment  (Read 524 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Never a dull moment
« on: 12 August 2014, 15:49:11 »

Just so as anyone constantly fixing their Omega doesn't feel lonely, my 4x4 is back in the garage.

A few weeks back all five engine mount to engine bolts sheared allowing the engine to drop onto the rack and rest against the bulkhead. I would like to think that the failure had nothing to do with my off road use and more to do with a daft design fault of a cranked engine mount. Trailered free to garage . All Spanish car insurance has to include breakdown cover by law. A good safety feature in my view.

What I hadn't noticed was the clutch cable got crushed in the escapade and that was weak enough to distort during use and drastically reduce the clutch operation. That happened just before an uphill exit from a busy three lane roundabout. Nearly got rammed by a guy texting. Course he wouldn't expect a stationary car, with hazards on, blocking his way.

Drove 20 miles to the garage(the cars second home) by starting in gear and clutchless changes. Now just waiting for the garage to obtain and fit one of the thousand different clutch cables. Oh the joys of having a car that had numerous factory fit other manufacturer engine variants. Might have car back for weekend. :o
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Never a dull moment
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2014, 19:13:09 »

Ah,the joys of using a "crash"gearbox.Just as well you know how to perform clutchless gear changes-many don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.