Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lotus Omega ?  (Read 2725 times)

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
Lotus Omega ?
« on: 20 September 2009, 16:23:48 »

Is this wind up.
My mate in Germany saw a small ad in his local paper for a Lotus Omega.He went to see the car and expected to see a Lotus Carlton but it turn out to be A 1999 Lotus Omega.All leather recaro's seats extra dials where the radio goes all with the Lotus logo behind the glass.Stainless plate stating Lotus Omega 002 in engine bay.In dark metallic green with wide arch body in metal,deep front spoiler,large rear boot spoiler.19" alloy's.There is also a stainless plate on the dash stating Lotus Omega 002.Twin 2" tail pipes(1 each side)Steering wheel looks like a standard Vx but smaller.
What i want to know is did Vx/Opel ever make a Lotus as the seller is telling him Vx/Opel only made 6 prototypes of these and he bought this from a local main dealer in 2000.He has shown my mate a Vx certificate stating this is a Lotus Omega number 002 with a run of 006.He wants £32,000.I never knew that these were made and after a search on the web all i can find is Lotus Carltons which is sometimes is known as a Omega in Germany.Am waiting for pictures to be sent to me at the moment.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus Omega ?
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2009, 16:26:40 »

someone just dropped the Lotus Carlton running gear into an Omega. Our very own G did the very same! Ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2009, 16:45:29 »

The seller is willing to take the car to the main dealer for inspection on Monday to confirm the details.The seller turns out to be a bit of a collector of lotus cars.in the garage is a mk1 lotus cortina,lotus 7,calton lotus and elise so my mate is even more confused now if he is telling the truth about this car.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2009, 17:12:13 »

On the German MOT it states Opel Lotus Omega and a check with the German DVLA states the same.If you modify a a car in Germany can you get the details of the name changed ?

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2009, 17:58:07 »

It would be nice to have a look at the papers ( Fahrzeugshien) to see if it is origional or if it is like a kit car, it would be stated in the papers there, I've had a lot to do with german papers and the german dvla
(fahrzeugs zulassungstella) you can do anything you want as long as you have a licence/certificate for the part you are changing, and can get an mot  (tuv) on it and have a lot of cash ready,
« Last Edit: 20 September 2009, 17:58:21 by acdcdave »
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

KillerWatt

« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2009, 18:06:39 »

The seller is willing to take the car to the main dealer for inspection on Monday to confirm the details.The seller turns out to be a bit of a collector of lotus cars.in the garage is a mk1 lotus cortina,lotus 7,calton lotus and elise so my mate is even more confused now if he is telling the truth about this car.
If the guy is a collector of cars that have seen the attention of Lotus (funnily enough, our 4x4 wears the Lotus badge), then only two things can be possible at this point...

1. He's telling the truth, and his car really is one of only six ever made.

2. He's a numpty that got taken in by someone, and now he's trying to pass the buck.

Either way, a quick call to the manufacturer with the relevant numbers will soon reveal the true story.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2009, 18:16:50 »

I was thinking if it was a kit or not genuine would the seller be willing to take the car with my mate to the main sealers to confirm it is real.My mate tells me is a 3.6 twin turbo but seems a totally from his old carlton lotus which i bought from him a few years back.he also tells me it's only done about 7.600 miles since new but his kph/mph conversion may be out a little.he has sent me picture but for some unknown reason i cant open them.there not jpegs.The certificate with the car is signed by 2 people,1 is someone called Mike Kimberly who ever he was 

KillerWatt

« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2009, 18:39:49 »

I was thinking if it was a kit or not genuine would the seller be willing to take the car with my mate to the main sealers to confirm it is real.
1. The seller believes it to be the real deal, hence he has no problem.

2. The seller knows it's crap, but he's relying on reverse psychology to win the sale (ie, the seller made a claim, your mate won't call it on simply because he will feel embarrased if the seller is telling the truth).

My mate tells me is a 3.6 twin turbo
Working out the actual displacement isn't hard

he has sent me picture but for some unknown reason i cant open them.there not jpegs.
Send me the pics, I'll open them if they are actually valid image files (regardless of file type).

The certificate with the car is signed by 2 people,1 is someone called Mike Kimberly who ever he was 
I'll make any certificate you like, and have it signed by anybody you care to mention.
Paperwork doesn't count for shit unless there is something else to back it up.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2009, 18:48:26 »

Got to the bottom at last.Opel/Vx built 6 to go saloon car racing in 98/99.(something to do with competing with Volvo estates) but after testing found due to the weight the Vectra's were more suitable Full Lotus spec Engine,suspension etc.3 crashed,1 unknown whereabouts,2 owned by the seller(002,005)never sold to public and not meant to be use on the road.these apparently only raced twice in Germany.The one for sale was sent to Britain to be fully road trimmed and made road legal in 2001.In 2002 featured in a German mag as "The car that never was".It turns out the stainless lotus plate's are genuine.He has offered my mate a room at his small village house(castle)till tomorrow when they go to the dealers.The owners a bit of a motorhead,apart from the other Lotus's he's got Carl Foggarty's Ducati,Kevin Swance Suzuki,1910 Mercedes and a tiger tank and they say mad dogs and English men .As soon as i get pictures i will post   
« Last Edit: 20 September 2009, 18:50:28 by Selseybill »

KillerWatt

« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2009, 18:51:54 »

Got to the bottom at last.Opel/Vx built 6 to go saloon car racing in 98/99.(something to do with competing with Volvo estates) but after testing found due to the weight the Vectra's were more suitable Full Lotus spec Engine,suspension etc.3 crashed,1 unknown whereabouts,2 owned by the seller(002,005)never sold to public and not meant to be use on the road.these apparently only raced twice in Germany.The one for sale was sent to Britain to be fully road trimmed and made road legal in 2001.In 2002 featured in a German mag as "The car that never was".It turns out the stainless lotus plate's are genuine.He has offered my mate a room at his small village house(castle)till tomorrow when they go to the dealers.The owners a bit of a motorhead,apart from the other Lotus's he's got Carl Foggarty's Ducati,Kevin Swance Suzuki,1910 Mercedes and a tiger tank as they say mad dogs and English men .As soon as i get pictures i will post   
Your mate is still doubting the veracity of the vendors claims?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2009, 18:54:11 »

I'd be very interested indeed to see some pictures  :y

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2009, 19:00:05 »

Got to the bottom at last.Opel/Vx built 6 to go saloon car racing in 98/99.(something to do with competing with Volvo estates) but after testing found due to the weight the Vectra's were more suitable Full Lotus spec Engine,suspension etc.3 crashed,1 unknown whereabouts,2 owned by the seller(002,005)never sold to public and not meant to be use on the road.these apparently only raced twice in Germany.The one for sale was sent to Britain to be fully road trimmed and made road legal in 2001.In 2002 featured in a German mag as "The car that never was".It turns out the stainless lotus plate's are genuine.He has offered my mate a room at his small village house(castle)till tomorrow when they go to the dealers.The owners a bit of a motorhead,apart from the other Lotus's he's got Carl Foggarty's Ducati,Kevin Swance Suzuki,1910 Mercedes and a tiger tank as they say mad dogs and English men .As soon as i get pictures i will post   
Your mate is still doubting the veracity of the vendors claims?
Now he's worried about vampires and the sellers daughter who seems totally loopy 

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2009, 19:55:42 »

I was thinking if it was a kit or not genuine would the seller be willing to take the car with my mate to the main sealers to confirm it is real.My mate tells me is a 3.6 twin turbo but seems a totally from his old carlton lotus which i bought from him a few years back.he also tells me it's only done about 7.600 miles since new but his kph/mph conversion may be out a little.he has sent me picture but for some unknown reason i cant open them.there not jpegs.The certificate with the car is signed by 2 people,1 is someone called Mike Kimberly who ever he was 
That name rings a bell,if my memory serves me well he was managing director of Lotus cars.
If this car is genuine it will be a collectable which will keep appreciating.

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2009, 14:20:09 »

Had new email from my mate via crapberry.
No vampires last night but the place was spooky.
Main dealer confirms this is a genuine car.It turns out the director of the main stealers is a well known ex saloon car racer and raced the car himself.Done a check though Opel HQ and Lotus to confirm full details of car.

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2009, 14:33:30 »

Did you ever manage to get any photos? Would be interesting to see how it looks...

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2009, 15:02:26 »

Did you ever manage to get any photos? Would be interesting to see how it looks...
I did but they were taken on a blackberry and are rubbish.Even mucking about with photo-shop didn't make them any better.The car will be transported to my mates home in Switzerland at the end of the month and he is going to join OOF and post pictures along with picture of the seller other vehicles.

immx

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 September 2009, 23:25:15 »

I can't wait to see this!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Stevie-blunder

• Omega Knight
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2009, 00:27:39 »

I can't wait to see this!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Nor me  :) :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 September 2009, 00:48:08 »

That name rings a bell,if my memory serves me well he was managing director of Lotus cars.
If this car is genuine it will be a collectable which will keep appreciating.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=15051
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 September 2009, 13:43:47 »

just an afterthought but..... IF you pay lotus enough they will modify any car you want! could just be a normal omega that lotus have tuned up and charged the earth for!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.