Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Omegas have pad warning wires  (Read 683 times)

waspy

Do Omegas have pad warning wires
« on: 12 October 2009, 16:12:37 »

My light came on the other week warning me that my pads were getting ready for a change. I bought some replacment ones & today i set about changing them.
The old ones were fine with many many miles left, now i noticed that there were no wires attached to the old pads, what could have been amiss that would have made the light come on?
Also i couldn't see any any plugs for the warning wires to plug into, do Omegas have them or not? :-? :-/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Do Omegas have pad warning wires
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2009, 16:19:03 »

Omegas DO have wear indictors, but not built into the pads like some. The sensor clips to the butterfly anti-rattle clip and plugs into a socket in the wheel arch - next to the ABS sensor. As the discs wear, you end up with a lip on the edge of the disc that will tend to wear through the plastic/ceramic bit early.
Depending how old your car is will depend whether it has 2 sensors or late facelift have only 1 sensor.  :y

If there was no remnants of any sensor, it could be that what ever had been used to short out the circuit had fallen out or has been cut off, making the sensor circuit open circuit.  ;)
« Last Edit: 12 October 2009, 16:20:40 by Andy_B »

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2009, 16:26:04 »

Yeah if there were no sensors fitted to the pads then check back to the plugs (on inner wing behind struts) - normal way to short these out is to just join the two wires together.  Probably lost contact (water ingress etc)

[edit]You can see the plug the sensor goes to in this pic http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1219190177[/edit]
« Last Edit: 12 October 2009, 16:43:45 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2009, 17:44:27 »

Thank you both :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.