Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need some donut bush measurements  (Read 708 times)

feeutfo

need some donut bush measurements
« on: 12 October 2009, 19:48:45 »

does anyone happen to have some Omega donut bushes in their garage? And would you mind measuring them for me if you do?

Need to know the depth, from flange to the end of the centre spacer. Or to put it another way, when placed upside down on a flat surface, whats the measurement from the flat surface to flange(the bit fits snug to sub frame when fully home)

Need to know this before i alter my carlton ones, there is still hope for them. If i can get them to sit at the correct hight they should not work their way out. I could remove mine, but i'll have to remove, re fit them again and remove later if i make a arse of it, which will be a right pita. Anyone? Bit of a long shot it has to be said.

Cheers

Chris.

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: need some donut bush measurements
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2009, 08:34:10 »

just measured up an old bush & from top of centre tube to flange is 59.5mm one side & 60mm on opposit side

HTH

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2009, 14:42:12 »

cheers razzo
From memory the carlton ones are 70. And looks about 10 mill in the picks in the guide.

So 10 mill off then. Might make it 11 so it pulls in if anything. :)
« Last Edit: 13 October 2009, 14:43:20 by chrisgixer »

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2009, 16:33:41 »

any thoughts on what to space the centre spacer out with at the other end? (if i cut 10mill off to get the body to sit higher then the spacer length will be too short by that amount)

It would be very easy just to space it out with washers but given the forces involved i wonder if they would slide about?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.