Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega on Ebay es!!  (Read 1268 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Omega on Ebay es!!
« on: 11 October 2009, 20:37:16 »

Yikes!!! just spotted this while trolling for lhd Omega on Ebay.es (Spain).  :o :o

Is that expensive or what??

http://www.ebaycoches.es/opel-omega-2-5td-160-123-000k/99081
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

waspy

Re: Omega on Ebay es!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2009, 20:39:49 »

Does that actually say 6.000 euros :o

What's mine worth then :)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2009, 21:22:37 »

It must mean the whole garage stock surely LOL ;D :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2009, 22:37:56 »

all cars out here are expensive, owing to the fact that when you buy a secondhand car you have togive the government 14% of the value they think it is worth,(
thats the government think its worth not the owner)
 plus!! you can buy a car out here and never pay road tax on it till the time you sell, so sellers often try to get the two included in thier buying price :o
and even worse the government dont chase the owners they just put a marker on the car and the next poor bloke that buys it is responsibe for any charges incurred!!!!
minefield or what!!!hence the reason many expats buy brit cars and then register them here ala our own senor Varche!!! :y

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2009, 10:23:10 »

For european standards for a 2000 built mig thats still cheap. I had an Omega A 2,0ltr 8V in germany, twas 18 years old as I bought it For £500 and still had to do the brakes all round, New Disks and Pads, as I moved back to GB had to send the docs and plates back to Germany to get it unregisered, and some little prat nicked it and burned it out, and I had to pay £120 for recovery,
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2009, 12:08:35 »

Just to add, there can be debts associated with the car (not just HP). If you do decide to buy then get a gestor involved before you hand any money over.

Or you can buy a RHD car................

Snr Varche

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2009, 07:21:00 »

Varche! What is the situation regarding insurance, road tax and itv if I did take a rhd Omega to sunny Spain? One that I bought in the UK specifically to leave there.  :-/ I thought the Spanish government were clamping down on non Spanish plated vehicles being left there.  ::)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 October 2009, 11:39:49 »

Quite simple really. Unfortunately we haven't got an integrated EU that facilitates people moving seamlessly from one part to another.

Car wise, if you have a car on UK plates then it has to be insured against a UK address, have a periodic MOT at a UK testing station and have a valid UK tax disc. i.e. be legal in the country of registration. That applies to all EU vehicles.

The police here are aware of the UK Internet website that shows whether vehicles are taxed and MOT'd/insured. They do have purges periodically but then get bored and do something else. Their latest trick is to stop all vehicles heading in one direction on a Motorway and check documents, vehicles, driver sobriety etc until either the tailback is over an hour long or it is lunchtime!

You have a hard decision to make.

Cheaper UK Omega but take it back each year for MOT or buy a car here with higher capital cost/agro but easier ongoing running costs. Car insurance is about the same but car tax seems to be lower but depends on the province you live in. Mine is 180 euros per annum approx. It might seriously be cheaper and simpler to hire a car for each visit!

Varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.