Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear suspension  (Read 969 times)

kevin xf

• Oxford
    • omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
Rear suspension
« on: 11 May 2016, 20:32:32 »

Good evening peeps. Would anyone know anything about the rear suspension on an 02 3.2 saloon? I had 1 adult and 2 kids in the back on Sunday and for some reason now the rear end is right up in the air!!!! 
Thanks

05omegav6

Re: Rear suspension
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2016, 20:45:36 »

Pressure release valve on compressor is stuck...

Jack up one rear corner and pop the airline off one shock... When it stops hissing, reconnect, lower car, remove jack and switch ignition on...

Should refind its level... Without one infront of me I can't tell you what the release valve looks like, but checking/cleaning it will be second port of call :y

kevin xf

• Oxford
    • omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2016, 21:04:59 »

Thanks that's great I will have a look. Need to do rear pads in next couple of weeks so will have a look .   
   Cheers 

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2016, 21:37:31 »

I would let the excess air out sooner rather than later tbh :-\

Doesn't need the wheel removed, just needs lifting off the ground and supporting...

You could probably do it as it sits, but you'll likely lose a hand, hence jacking it first :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2016, 22:36:52 »

Bit of an expert at this right now ...as mine goes up but won't go down ...

On one side only, place trolly jack under rear bush "triangle" .. extend to JUST take the weight .. no need to raise the car at all .. reach in over the rear wheel and at the connection of the airline to the shock absorber squeeze the two small prongs together and pull off the pipe .. BIG WHOOSH of air under pressure, car settle nicely on to trolley jack .. when the air stops hissing push the connector back on until it clicks .. pull to ensure it is secure. Lower trolly jack and remove. Job jobbed. Next start up it will adjust to the correct ride height, providing the height sensor is serviceable.

In my case every start up the pump runs for 15 seconds and does not release air .. so it slowly gets higher and higher .. so about once a week I let it down. Hopefully a replacement pump will arrive very soon .. and put and end to this faff ....  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2016, 22:59:33 »

Much eloquence... ::)

Basically, wot e sed ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.