Chat Area > General Car Chat

Corsa C - Intermittent No Start

(1/3) > >>

zirk:
Car runs fine normally and starts on the button, however every now and then, normally after a journey and then parked up it will just refuse to Start.

I get the dreaded Key Imoberlizer flashing light on issue, I've tried all the usual restarts door entry, lock up / unlock another key but nothing,.

So far I've changed the main ECU, Im. Ring and box around the In. Key, both the Im. Chips in the Keys and the Speedo Cluster as was informed speedo needs to be changed with the above as well although still not sure about that one.

I'm out of ideas now, what have I missed.

Doctor Gollum:
Crank sensor  :-\

dave the builder:
might be worth checking ALL the modules for codes ,present and historical , then clear all codes
flashing spanner light and no start is usually an immobilizer problem
being a corsa C have you checked the fuse box and body control module for water ingress  :-\ very common

Marks DTM Calib:
The most common cause is poor grounds and a failing battery

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 20 May 2021, 15:11:16 ---Crank sensor  :-\

--- End quote ---

I'm with DG on this one - I know it's a Corsa, but these symptoms with the flashing spanner light were present on my 2.6 when the crank sensor was on its way out.
I'd also check the easier and cheaper options suggested of the earth and battery condition, but the crank sensor (in my experiences of this type of fault) would be high on the list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version