Trading Area > Car Parts, bits For Sale & Wanted

Any one selling a set of aluminium rocker covers for a v6

(1/2) > >>

checkers87:
Any one selling a set of aluminium rocker covers for a v6?
Or point me in the right direction were to get a set  :y :y :y

456lbft:

--- Quote from: checkers87 on 09 October 2021, 21:26:34 ---Any one selling a set of aluminium rocker covers for a v6?
Or point me in the right direction were to get a set  :y :y :y

--- End quote ---
2.6 Vectra apparently are the ones that will suit 3.2 engines with coil on plug ignition (I am looking too), but the filler neck will need altering or buy one of those offset funnels. 
If you have a 2.5 or 3 litre then an earlier Vectra with regular plug leads will suffice.

Doctor Gollum:
Vectra C had the 3.2, but I believe that VX reverted to plastic covers on that. Aesthetics are the only reason to chose the metal covers.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
And blown crank seal instead of camcover gaskets are the reason not to use them.

456lbft:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 26 November 2021, 11:21:39 ---And blown crank seal instead of camcover gaskets are the reason not to use them.

--- End quote ---
Do you, or anyone know of any updates to the crankcase breather on later 3.2 engines?  Both my 2001 cars (both with FSH) have had massive oil leaks from the cam cover seals, but the 2003 Elite that I broke didn't leak at all apart from a small weep low on the LHS of the block.  My first assumption, as it had been used as a farmyard runaround in a far from cherished condition when I found it, was there wasn't any oil in it. But it did, and the engine ran very sweetly. I hadn't heard about the crankseal problem if aluminium cam covers are used, which sort of points to an underlying excess of crankcase pressure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version