Chat Area > General Car Chat

McLaren

<< < (2/6) > >>

Doctor Gollum:
It would be bad for the supercar market given that VAG already owns more than its fair share of the pinnacle brands... Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi...  :-\

Mclaren has form with BMW as the bulk of the F1s produced had the BMW V12 fitted, even though it was originally offered with a choice of either BMW or Mercedes  V12s.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
This is most concerning. It may well affect the choice of my next car purchase.  ;D

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 15 November 2021, 21:02:53 ---This is most concerning. It may well affect the choice of my next car purchase.  ;D

--- End quote ---
It’s bad enough that they also own more than their fair share of the normal market. And the marketing wank would have you believe that they're all different brands selling different products.  :-X

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: Varche on 15 November 2021, 20:34:33 ---Not sure where F1 fits with the electric future? Easy enough to diversify. Coal powered series for India, China and Australian market? Batteries for the rest.

--- End quote ---

Hydrogen I would have thought...

LC0112G:

--- Quote from: Viral_Jim on 16 November 2021, 12:04:36 ---
--- Quote from: Varche on 15 November 2021, 20:34:33 ---Not sure where F1 fits with the electric future? Easy enough to diversify. Coal powered series for India, China and Australian market? Batteries for the rest.

--- End quote ---

Hydrogen I would have thought...

--- End quote ---

From memory, there is an engine freeze at the end of this season till 2025. I think that's why Horner is so worried with the recent apparent surge in Merc power, because if they can't get their power up before the end of this season then they're stuck with what they've got for the next 3 seasons.

From 2025 there are new F1 engine rules, and I think they're aiming to be using 100% biofuel, because that's much greener obvs ::).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version