Chat Area > General Car Chat

Worth a punt for extra grunt?

<< < (6/6)

Sir Tigger KC:
My old 1999 BMW 530d had some sort of box plugged in and it pulled like a train so I left it alone.  :y

Raeturbo:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 19 November 2021, 16:25:45 ---
--- Quote from: Raeturbo on 19 November 2021, 15:14:10 ---Fair enough my son had his XF done there and it has been perfect. Never heard any complaints about them. It’s better than a box, ignition timing, injector duration, and boost thresholds are all tweaked.  They give a good guarantee too👍

--- End quote ---

Which XF does he have Rae?. Diesel, or one with a proper engine. ::) ::) ;)

--- End quote ---
                He has the 2012 xfs diesel decatted and de dpf nice dollop of torque there Mal but a short lived power band.   I had the Evo properly mapped on the rollers with a good tuner I’ve known personally for many years and we tweaked it on the road with det cans after. I’m running 1.75 bar with 8.8.1 comp ratio but with lots of supporting mods too.

Viral_Jim:
Those type of numbers were frequently seen from 2.8 Saab 9-3's on the uksaabs forum with no issues, so I'm sure the mighty Sig can handle it.

As others have said, I'd go for a proper remap though. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
https://youtu.be/I_sIRoPgFFI

Looks like the people who sell the tuning box are fibbers. :-X :-\

Interesting video if you have the time to watch.

I've sent an email to Celtic for more details and cost. As others have said a tuning box seems limited as to what it can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version