Chat Area > General Car Chat

Never knew about these

<< < (8/10) > >>

Doctor Gollum:
No use dressing it up 50Kw isn't going to pull the skin off a 2.5t rice pudding  ;D

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 25 November 2021, 15:15:18 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 25 November 2021, 14:01:16 ---
--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 25 November 2021, 13:23:23 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 25 November 2021, 03:00:58 ---If I paid £65k for a car that only produced 50Kw, I would feel pretty short changed.

Not that I would be retarded enough to buy an Audi in the first place.  :-X

--- End quote ---

How much is this in old money, Al?

--- End quote ---
About 77bhp ;D

--- End quote ---

My brain only works in BHP and LB FT  ( or is it FT LB? ::))

Can't deal with PS....newton metres, or KW.

--- End quote ---

Do you insist on buying a pound of bananas and an ounce of coke as well M'lud?  :D

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 25 November 2021, 14:38:04 ---
--- Quote from: johnnydog on 25 November 2021, 13:18:44 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 24 November 2021, 20:49:53 ---
--- Quote from: johnnydog on 24 November 2021, 20:39:00 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 24 November 2021, 15:34:44 ---There may be some confusion over the new trim level badging of these new Audis. 50 Q8 (or the other way round?) does not mean 5.0 litre, 50 is the trim level.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't the 50 relate to the KW power output of the engine? Audi dropped badging the engine litre size for the KW rating several years ago.

--- End quote ---
Read the link I posted earlier. They might say it does, but it doesn't  ;D

--- End quote ---

This very informative link suggests that trim levels are nothing to do with engine power output, although certain engines are only available with certain models and levels of trim, varying between entry level models upto and including S and RS models.

https://www.hippoleasing.co.uk/news/different-types-of-audi-cars/

And with regarding to the engne designation (bhp or kwH), this helps to explain Audis very confusing rear badging..

https://www.leasefetcher.co.uk/guides/car-technology/audi-engine-codes

So the trim levels and engine power outputs are different aspects of each model, and don't go hand in hand.

So much easier with the previous 1.2TFSI, 1.6, 2.0 TFSI, and 2.0 TDi or 3.0 TDi, 4.2 V8 etc etc ::)

--- End quote ---
If only someone had posted an almost identical link yesterday, eh?

--- End quote ---
True. But the original link was obviously confusing if 50 in the model designation was being confused  with the trim level...... ;D ::)

Rangie:
Why can't it be simple 5.0 V8 would have meant something to me
the Ford Mustang makes it simple displaying that on the front wings , where as the disgusting 2.3 version has nothing, who would want a tiny engined Mustang anyhow ?  Could this start something..😂😂😂

Doctor Gollum:
The 2.3 turbo is quicker than the V8, so there's that. Oh and it's cheaper. And, carefully optioned, even looks like it...  ;D

The current one is an SUV, so a Mustang in name only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version