Chat Area > General Car Chat

Never knew about these

<< < (9/10) > >>

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 26 November 2021, 11:00:08 ---The 2.3 turbo is quicker than the V8, so there's that. Oh and it's cheaper. And, carefully optioned, even looks like it...  ;D

The current one is an SUV, so a Mustang in name only.

--- End quote ---

The performance difference makes me wonder why anyone would bother with the V8. Especially when you consider the price difference, although that is much less here. Mustangs have always been available with engines other than V8s, as they were cheap cars based on ordinary saloons. That were usually fitted with straight six or even four cylinder engines.

I saw a Mustang SUV yesterday, and it looks like somebody crashed a Focus into a Mustang and spent 10 minutes with a welder and big tub of filler.

henryd:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 26 November 2021, 11:00:08 ---The 2.3 turbo is quicker than the V8, so there's that. Oh and it's cheaper. And, carefully optioned, even looks like it...  ;D

--- End quote ---

At the classic car show I had a ride for charity in a 5.0 mustang that had been played with, 860bhp with suspension and brake mods to suit. Performance was absolutely brutal and handling seemed pretty impressive too :y

Raeturbo:
At 860 horsepower Iím not surprised  :o :y

Rangie:

--- Quote from: henryd on 26 November 2021, 11:58:49 ---

--- End quote ---

At the classic car show I had a ride for charity in a 5.0 mustang that had been played with, 860bhp with suspension and brake mods to suit. Performance was absolutely brutal and handling seemed pretty impressive too :y

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I mean why bother with any thing less ..😁

henryd:

--- Quote from: Raeturbo on 26 November 2021, 12:00:38 ---At 860 horsepower Iím not surprised  :o :y

--- End quote ---

Acceleration was quite uncomfortable to be honest, noise was superb 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version