Chat Area > General Car Chat

Fed up

(1/6) > >>

JamesV6CDX:
Well I've got the Astra running. It was something silly, just an earthing issue.

As many will know, I removed the head, and fitted all new stem seals, due to it burning oil (blue smoke) when revved after idle.

Well I did a complete job on the head, re-lapped all the valves, fitted proper green stem seals, torqued down the head with a new HG, spotless surfaces, so on....

Also, entire breather cleanout.

Guess what?

The problem is exactly the same.

Let it idle a minute or two, give it a hard rev - and watch everything behind you disappear into blue smoke!

Fed up with this now  >:(

Del Boy:
Sorry to hear mate  :(
Try here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/index.php, these guys know a lot about Astra's  :y

sassanach:
had a similar problem recently with a ford sierra(yes really!!)i removed the head 3 times and changed various parts,but eventually i had to bite the bullet and remove the engine.all the piston rings were fubar.

JamesV6CDX:
I've decided that regrettably, I don't really have the facils to remove an engine - I'm tempted to just keep putting oil in it.....  ::)

Del Boy:

--- Quote ---I've decided that regrettably, I don't really have the facils to remove an engine - I'm tempted to just keep putting oil in it.....  ::)
--- End quote ---
Got insurance? Petrol can, match  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version