Chat Area > General Car Chat

So what have you done to your car today?

<< < (4664/5259) > >>

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Not sure tbh. Can check once Ive fitted the new cam seal. Which is likely to be early next week.

Raeturbo:
👍

Marks DTM Calib:
When you changed the turbo did you check and clean the turbo supply and oil return pipe work? (they are known to get full of crap and some actually even incldue a gauze filter in the banjo bolt).

As for leaking cam seal, I would also be saying PCV, you do need to check it end to end though and not just the valve

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Checked supply / return pipes when I fitted the used turbo last march. Didnt check this time though. Maybe I need to do that. No filter in the banjo bolt on this one.
PCV is connected to the rocker cover by a short rubber pipe.
I actually changed the rocker cover a couple of weeks ago due to the old one being cracked. Checked nothing was blocked and gave it a clean inside before fitting it.
The knackered turbo had so much play that it couldnt spin. I did wonder if that would have a similar effect to a blocked oil return pipe ?
I.E. oil getting pumped up to the turbo but not getting back down to the sump anywhere near as quickly as it would if the shaft was spinning, and if so what effect that would have.  :-\

Raeturbo:
Mm well the actual spinning of the turbo does not help nor hider the oil flow at all, if it’s draining out slowly then it must be blocked internally, the lubrication/oilways in turbos are very small and don’t take much debris to block them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version