Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers door lock inop - cannot open drivers door  (Read 1534 times)

ian-gts

• Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Drivers door lock inop - cannot open drivers door
« on: 05 December 2010, 22:01:54 »

Hi all,

ok i have a 2003 omega and since the bad weather i now cannot get in and out of my drivers door and have to climb through the passsanger side which is annoying.

When i unlock with the key fob it sometime unlocks the drivers door but i still cant open it, other times it unlock all other doors except the drivers door. When this happens i use the key to unlock it but i still cannot gain access through the drivers door.

Now the last thing i want to do is break the door card from the inside so im hoping i can gain access without breaking the door card as obviously i cannot open the door to take the door card off.

Thanks for your help in advance

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers door lock inop - cannot open drivers door
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2010, 22:07:11 »

i take it you cant open door from inside whilst it is unlocked ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2010, 22:09:03 »

Hi all,

ok i have a 2003 omega and since the bad weather i now cannot get in and out of my drivers door and have to climb through the passsanger side which is annoying.

When i unlock with the key fob it sometime unlocks the drivers door but i still cant open it, other times it unlock all other doors except the drivers door. When this happens i use the key to unlock it but i still cannot gain access through the drivers door.

Now the last thing i want to do is break the door card from the inside so im hoping i can gain access without breaking the door card as obviously i cannot open the door to take the door card off.

Thanks for your help in advance

As Entwood would say ..... just thinking out loud!  ;)
The driver's door is dead locked electrically via the fob but is still possible to open mechanically via the key in the door. I wonder if you just need to be 'forcefully with the driver's door lock with the key to 'un-deadlock' the door  :-/
If you look at various posts where people have been deadlocked out of their car due to a flat battery, it takes quite a bit of force to open the driver's door with the key without the assistance of the electrics.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2010, 08:35:48 »

When deadlocked, and with no electrical assistance, opening with the key is very stiff, but possible (assuming its the right key)
Grumpy old man

ian-gts

• Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2010, 09:48:14 »

Can't open door from inside or outside, the door is not dead locked, the key turns in the door easily and unlock/ locks door. I think a linkage or something may have come off, can I remove the door. Card without causing damage with the door closed to find out what's wrong ?

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2010, 12:14:38 »

hmm sorry ian but i cant think of a way of removing doorcard without damage whilst the door is shut  :(
my exterior doorhandle linkage popped off but i was able to open via inside handle
i would have thought that with door shut you would have to cut a hole in the door card to gain access to lock mech  :(

ian-gts

• Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2010, 18:02:24 »

is thier a post on how i do remove the door card normally so i can see how it should be done and which bit i need to cut, cheers

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 December 2010, 18:13:47 »

is thier a post on how i do remove the door card normally so i can see how it should be done and which bit i need to cut, cheers

here you go ...... http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152953579 It's in the maintenance section  :y

omega2.2auto

• stirling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2011, 09:27:29 »

hi ian, take the outer window waist trim off,drop the door glass,and look inside the door round the handle area.its possible the rod going from the outer handle to the door catch has jumped.if so you will have to lift the handle from the outside and try and put it back in, tricky.

Clarkey

• Ireland
    • 01 3.2 Auto Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2011, 21:34:10 »

If its the problem I had the door lock needs to be replaced. When you lift the driver door handle before the door is unlocked the lever on the lock does not return to its original position. It's either rusted or a weak return spring. This prevents unlocking. If you lift the door handle and there is no resistance this is the case. If you are lucky just bang on the outside of the door with an open hand and the lock should return to unlockable position. It may take a while but better than forcing door card.
James.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.