Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 / 2.0 cambelt party - Brackley  (Read 15826 times)

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 / 2.0 cambelt party - Brackley
« Reply #105 on: 21 February 2007, 10:37:13 »

Excellent!  ;D I can't wait - you can all marvel at the absolute state of my cam cover gaskets!  I'm going to be much more confident when I get back, so I'll be attempting them the following weekend  :o

Decided I'm going to do everything mechanical that needs sorting before making it look the dogs nuts - its quite funny that nearly every maintenance guide written on this forum is something that I actually need to do - after my cam cover gaskets and oil breather system clean its going to be wishbones and droplinks!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 21 February 2007, 11:06:37 »

Excellent!  ;D I can't wait - you can all marvel at the absolute state of my cam cover gaskets!  I'm going to be much more confident when I get back, so I'll be attempting them the following weekend  :o

Decided I'm going to do everything mechanical that needs sorting before making it look the dogs nuts - its quite funny that nearly every maintenance guide written on this forum is something that I actually need to do - after my cam cover gaskets and oil breather system clean its going to be wishbones and droplinks!

At least we can get the cambelt out the way, you don't want that going! If we have time I can take a look at the breathers.. got a tin of carb cleaner  :y

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 21 February 2007, 11:10:33 »

Been Thinking Tunnie What other stuff thats quick and easy to do on the 4 pots cud we film maybe the full breathers and ICV clean out. I would not mind having my Big main tube from the sump doing as i have never been able to get to the two bolts holding it on.

Maybe make a Video of the breathers a downloadable file or streaming one as most people need to do this, or set up a small paypal so the cash gos to the forum and charge a quid or something. What do you think ?

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21 February 2007, 11:39:51 »

At least we can get the cambelt out the way, you don't want that going! If we have time I can take a look at the breathers.. got a tin of carb cleaner  :y

I certainly have :) And yes, I'll feel a million times better when the belts done!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 21 February 2007, 11:46:02 »

Been Thinking Tunnie What other stuff thats quick and easy to do on the 4 pots cud we film maybe the full breathers and ICV clean out. I would not mind having my Big main tube from the sump doing as i have never been able to get to the two bolts holding it on.

Maybe make a Video of the breathers a downloadable file or streaming one as most people need to do this, or set up a small paypal so the cash gos to the forum and charge a quid or something. What do you think ?

Craig

Sounds good Craig, breathers on 4pots are dead easy and so much space... can pop them off easily and clean.

I don't have a ICV but we could use yours for that example or James...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 21 February 2007, 11:51:54 »

1 tin of carb cleaner isn't going to go far... ...I would suggest someone brings some...
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21 February 2007, 13:10:52 »

Bear in mind we are at capacity for the amount of work we can take on

I think we should have a list of definates, and then a wishlist..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21 February 2007, 13:13:24 »

I agree, I think you will be hard pressed to fit extra work in...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21 February 2007, 13:15:33 »

in fact, i think you'll be hard pressed to fit in what you already have...
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21 February 2007, 13:16:16 »

So how many cars are being worked on then, its a sod I have to go into work or I would have come to help.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 21 February 2007, 13:18:43 »

in fact, i think you'll be hard pressed to fit in what you already have...

My thoughts exactly

We only need to hit a snag, and it could ruin all the plans

I'd rather under promise and over deliver.. and I won't cut corners, so I hope nobody is left disappointed.

Tunnie, can we have a list of everything we're doing? That lambda sensor is going to be a problem, it's soaking at the mo, but I can't get it off.

My fingers are very crossed nobody goes sick at work that day, or we really are up sht street.....

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21 February 2007, 13:41:51 »

If me turning up with this V6 is going to cause probs then I'd rather not throw spanners in the works - I can still take it too this mehanic up the road to get it done (albeit at a cost!) - Seeing as I was late confirming anyway I don't want to spoil anyones day by any means..

Just let me know sooner rather than later so I can un-cancel my booking!

Cheers,

Chris.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 21 February 2007, 14:12:53 »

If me turning up with this V6 is going to cause probs then I'd rather not throw spanners in the works - I can still take it too this mehanic up the road to get it done (albeit at a cost!) - Seeing as I was late confirming anyway I don't want to spoil anyones day by any means..

Cheers,

Chris.
I suspect, if you are able to do the 'stripdown' bit with guidance from others, it shouldn't be a problem to get new belt on and timed up, then let you put all the other bits back on (again with guidance).  With the number of people about at both sites, I'm sure we can get you fitted in somewhere, assuming no major snags happen...
Grumpy old man

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21 February 2007, 14:38:32 »

Cheers,

Chris.
I suspect, if you are able to do the 'stripdown' bit with guidance from others, it shouldn't be a problem to get new belt on and timed up, then let you put all the other bits back on (again with guidance).  With the number of people about at both sites, I'm sure we can get you fitted in somewhere, assuming no major snags happen...

Well with the guidance, + the haynes + the guide on here I should be able to get on with the stripdown - I printed the instructions off for the cam locking kit too, they seem pretty comprehensive - obviously we're still gonna need to borrow the actual kit at some point.. If you reckon theres a high chance then I shall appear, as before, laden with booze which sadly I won't be able to touch..

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 21 February 2007, 14:40:02 »

It will get done.....I can always leave Laidback66 doing MaxV6's handbrake whilst I do the cambelt...then fit yours in....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.