Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: overheating  (Read 896 times)

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
overheating
« on: 27 May 2010, 13:02:00 »

Ok Im sure you all know the sagar now but my 3.0 keeps overheating.

Ive noticed today that when I was giving her some stick it has gone straight up into the 100+ mark. Ive replaced the stat and the pump and she was recently flushed so does anyone have any idea why she will still be overheating??

Omegafantasy

• Oslo, Norway
    • View Profile
Re: overheating
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2010, 13:11:29 »

Are you sure it's really overheating? Might be that your temp sensor or gauge is fooling you. Fans working okay?
1995 Omega 2.6 V6 Estate ("fresh" engine) Drives like a 2-litre. Grr! Gettin' dusted by a 1.8 auto Cav..
1991 Omega 3000-24v (major rust job)
(Interested in buying Vauxhall emblems/grille for my V6)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2010, 13:27:22 »

Ok Im sure you all know the sagar now but my 3.0 keeps overheating.

Ive noticed today that when I was giving her some stick it has gone straight up into the 100+ mark. Ive replaced the stat and the pump and she was recently flushed so does anyone have any idea why she will still be overheating??

Could the new stat be faulty?  Did you check it opened in boiling water before fitting it?  :y

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2010, 20:37:01 »

Well the temp sensor is pretty new, fitted less than 3 months ago. The stat was working fine as we tested the old and the new prior to fitting.

It appears that it really only gets hot hot when the air con is kicked in and is cooling the cabin. When its cooler outside and warm air going into cabin it appears ok. How could this be related  :-/

Abiton

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2010, 20:50:57 »

Well the temp sensor is pretty new, fitted less than 3 months ago. The stat was working fine as we tested the old and the new prior to fitting.

It appears that it really only gets hot hot when the air con is kicked in and is cooling the cabin. When its cooler outside and warm air going into cabin it appears ok. How could this be related  :-/

When the aircon is on, it's taking heat from the cabin and dumping it in the cooling system/engine bay.
When cabin heating is on it's taking heat from the cooling system and dumping it in the cabin.

Maybe the radiator needs a damn good flush, best done with it off the car, thermoswitch removed, loads of hosepipe flow up every orifice ?

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2010, 21:10:49 »

Maybe.

What is the secondry heater (well i think thats what it is) position in the flow. Thats the part mounted to the left of the engine bay. Does that only kick in when the heaters on full and screen or does water flow through it all the time. Could this be blocked.

I can imagine rad being blocked as it was flushed when I changed the temp switch and all the pipes are getting hot when running.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 21:40:56 »

When the aircon is on, it's taking heat from the cabin and dumping it in the cooling system/engine bay.

that's what the refrigerant in the a/c's evaporator  is doing.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 21:45:36 »

i'd say the rad is starting to fur up. the alloy rad is breaking down(decomposing internaly) :y
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 21:45:54 by hoof »

nemo

• Tonbridge Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 22:03:08 »

sounds very similar to mine new radiator cured the problem old rad was flushed to no avail failed oil cooler probably sludged it up too much hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.