Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barely a *hic*, um *hic*, er hiccup!  (Read 728 times)

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
Barely a *hic*, um *hic*, er hiccup!
« on: 09 April 2007, 22:37:56 »

From the car at least.  As for me I'm shattered.  Tired, sore and need a beer!

The car did extremely well.  740 miles in 3 days, half Motorway and half small roads, almost 28mpg overall.  The firm shocks do make it a bit tiring on the Motorway, and a bit rough on your back, but the grip on 1 lane tracks over the Moors is phenomenal.  Car did very well in all conditions.

I am amazed that my rusty paper plates didn't shake once, despite steep hills and very twisty roads, although they have lost so much mass to rust that they may be the cause of the slight shake at 80+.  I have had the wheels balanced, the other possibility is lumpy/hard tires.

The shocks have loosened slightly, lost a little of their edge.  However they are still quite firm over sharp bumps.  They are very well composed, except for rippled tarmac or harsh rumble strips.  Partially in spite of this, and partially because of this, the most amazing thing about the miggy is its appetite for miles in all conditions.  Only on the steepest hills does it even breathe hard.  It sweeps through extremely twisty hilly roads as smoothly and as effortlessly as it glides down the Motorway.

Happy that it lived up to its promise as a road trip car!  Bought it when it was still nice out last year for road trips, and finally went on the first one this past weekend.  Even got to exercise the sunroof and rear blind the weather was so nice.   ::)

I'm getting to the point where I can live with the shocks.  I just wish I had sport seats!  My poor back.  :-[
« Last Edit: 09 April 2007, 22:57:45 by theolodian »
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: Barely a *hic*, um *hic*, er hiccup!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2007, 22:58:58 »

Someone just bought and Elite with leather sports seats that he doesn't like - too hard, like your shocks.  It was only in the last week, so have a poke around and it may just be your saviour  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2007, 23:00:14 »

Someone just bought and Elite with leather sports seats that he doesn't like - too hard, like your shocks.  It was only in the last week, so have a poke around and it may just be your saviour  :y
Yeah, but I have grey leather.   :(
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2007, 23:04:10 »

Donnow... I love the Recaros... mines black leather though... I find them very good for my back... especially after spending the day bent over the camcovers...  ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2007, 23:08:56 »

I've just fund the thread Theo and there are two good reasons they are no good for you:

1. They're black  :( and 2. Pete's had them already  >:(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.