Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: More Autonoglass numptiness  (Read 6331 times)

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
Re: More Autonoglass numptiness
« Reply #15 on: 13 October 2015, 18:04:50 »

Have used genuine and erm others. Genuine are the best but I prefer still to use a bead around anyway. Better safe than sorry

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2015, 19:23:50 »

Hmmm...

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 October 2015, 21:33:07 »

In my experience preventing a trim blowing off immaterial of genuine or not is better than getting a bad reputation or no bonus that month

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 13 October 2015, 22:06:26 »

Sticking things on that don't require it when fitted correctly suggests that the poor reputation is wholly justified, especially if done for bonus purposes :-X

Not that I am paying a penny for it, but at this rate, my insurers won't be paying for it either... So far it has cost Autoglass three screens and four visits, and they still haven't completed the job.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2015, 22:11:59 by Harris K Telemacher »

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2015, 22:13:18 »

And reputation purposes. Even gm genuine trims on a gm genuine screen where bad for falling off or letting go of the rubber strip.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2015, 22:36:59 »

And reputation purposes. Even gm genuine trims on a gm genuine screen where bad for falling off or letting go of the rubber strip.
Clearly not fitted properly then... ::)

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2015, 22:51:34 »

I think your just annoyed at autoglass and there antics. Been doing this job years al never had a problem with omegas or anything else for that matter.

Just think when I needed a screen. For omega same as yours too. Heat reflective, top tint with a sensor. With a full set of trims I had it all done in 3 days. No bad if I say so myself

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 October 2015, 00:19:45 »

At least try have come back to to yours, my trim came off shortly after a new screen and they are not interested.

Looking at it, the screen is very low in the recess so suspect any trim won't clip in  :-\
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

2boxerdogs

« Reply #23 on: 14 October 2015, 00:47:54 »

Had Autoglass fit a screen in a Mazda 626 a few years back, they damaged  trim that the wipers were mounted on & sealant was oozing out all around the screen, I was very unhappy with the job & contacted my insurance company to inform of the awful mess my car was in.Within a couple of hours one of the managers from Autoglass  contacted me & arranged to inspect the car, he called the work an absolute abortion & was fuming as the fitter had been warned about the standard of his workmanship before.To their credit they purchased new trim & made a superb job of refitting the screen properly .

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 14 October 2015, 00:51:10 »

At least try have come back to to yours, my trim came off shortly after a new screen and they are not interested.

Looking at it, the screen is very low in the recess so suspect any trim won't clip in  :-\
They have no choice to come back or not... Customer Services manager is on the case, hence two vans to fit one screen rubber ::)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2015, 01:56:53 »

They are going to do a.....remove & refit  :y One in & one out .   And the trims Should go on the screen before they sling it in  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 14 October 2015, 02:53:52 »

They are going to do a.....remove & refit  :y One in & one out .   And the trims Should go on the screen before they sling it in  :y
They won't chance removing it without a Justincase screen handy...

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2015, 08:55:04 »

Had a screen replaced on my estate by RAC auto windscreens. They removed as car was in bodyshop to have rust removed from scren apature caused by Autoglass scrathing al the paintoff two years previously. They then failed to turn up on three occasions to fit new, then causing car to run out of mot. This was just before a christmas. Insurance company instructed me to find another company who then fited scren day after contact. Still cold not get car mot,ed before christmas as dvla had shut down the system for upgrade. RAC had to pay for a hire car for me for five days over the festive period until mot stations were operating again. Got the mot fee refunded by them and a week later they went bust

Keith ABS

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 October 2015, 10:01:43 »

Had a screen replaced on my estate by RAC auto windscreens. They removed as car was in bodyshop to have rust removed from scren apature caused by Autoglass scrathing al the paintoff two years previously. They then failed to turn up on three occasions to fit new, then causing car to run out of mot. This was just before a christmas. Insurance company instructed me to find another company who then fited scren day after contact. Still cold not get car mot,ed before christmas as dvla had shut down the system for upgrade. RAC had to pay for a hire car for me for five days over the festive period until mot stations were operating again. Got the mot fee refunded by them and a week later they went bust

Keith ABS

Sounds not dissimilar to my experience, Keith  :(. Though I managed to get the bus in to work etc, I haven't contacted my insurers re: getting any form of financial compen etc, and not sure whether I should. One of them 'just forget about it, life's too short' moments? Or would a couple of hundred actually help massively with car repairs etc? Two minds...
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 October 2015, 10:29:40 »

Keith ABS

Sounds not dissimilar to my experience, Keith  :(. Though I managed to get the bus in to work etc, I haven't contacted my insurers re: getting any form of financial compen etc, and not sure whether I should. One of them 'just forget about it, life's too short' moments? Or would a couple of hundred actually help massively with car repairs etc? Two minds...

If you don't tell them that their subcontractors are making such a mess then they can't do anything about it ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.