Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GM Front Disc kit How much! Going for Brembo Coated - Curious any ones to avoid!  (Read 2739 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile

Called Vauxhall Stealer for cost on the GM Front Brake disc kit - £225 !!!

AutoDoc has decent range and can get set of standard Coated vented Brembo and pads for about half the cost (same cost as oiled Bosch ones which was other option).

I'll probably get a set of the Brembo ones but interested to hear if anybody has any makes to avoid ? :o.  I believe coated ones just throw on, rather than oiled ones which need a scrub with the ole De-greaser. :D

Just want decent set of good quality - not looking to do a lap of the Nürburgring !, and the GM ones have always been fine.

Andy. 

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile

I have started using Comline coated brake discs, with Comline /  Allied Nippon (same company) pads. I have used them on many modern vehicles, and they are excellent quality. The pads are great for road use with a good bite. Comparing the finish too on the pads with other makes I've used in the past, the quality of the Allied Nippon pads is very very good.
I say this based on my own experiences with various makes of brake components, and I accept others will have their own preferences, but for price and quality of manufacture, in my opinion, Comline are an excellent value for money choice.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

I've used coated discs of various brands on my Vauxhalls
I've used non coated too, takes seconds to wipe the surface with brake clean ,
and chances are even coated discs will need a clean ,unless you can replace discs without touching them  :P
coated are nice as the centre doesn't rust as quick ,makes little difference to me though

clicky £46.99 the pair delivered (Express Delivery Other 24 Hour Courier
that's what i have currently without issue QH branded discs got delivered with Lucas pads

£14 delivered clicky

I await the hate comments  :D

£61 job done ,5000.12 months  miles covered ,no issues

« Last Edit: 20 May 2024, 22:47:48 by dave the builder »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

I have started using Comline coated brake discs, with Comline /  Allied Nippon (same company) pads. I have used them on many modern vehicles, and they are excellent quality. The pads are great for road use with a good bite. Comparing the finish too on the pads with other makes I've used in the past, the quality of the Allied Nippon pads is very very good.
I say this based on my own experiences with various makes of brake components, and I accept others will have their own preferences, but for price and quality of manufacture, in my opinion, Comline are an excellent value for money choice.

Hmm, interesting. I’m not familiar with this brand, other than Nippon being Japanese from my motorcycle days, but a quick google brings up decent prices and reviews.   :y
As for other brands, they vary massively in both price and reviews. From the Motor Factors there are apparently genuine Pagid and not so genuine Pagid, Brembo are now cheaper than Pagid and so on.  ::)
Car manufacturers don’t make brakes, even though they may put their label on them, so it would be helpful to know which supplier supplied which brand to which model. It would make choosing replacements that little bit easier.  :)  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

DM keithabs he might have some GM ones.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Brembo do some good stuff.  They also do some utter shite.  Guess what you get from the cheap places ;)
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

I fitted a pair of ECP Brembos to my Omega a few years ago. The inner faces corroded a lot faster than any other discs Ive ever had on an Omega.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.