Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: pre omega what has been your.....  (Read 5387 times)

Martin_1962

Re: pre omega what has been your.....
« Reply #45 on: 30 January 2007, 18:56:52 »

I spent some time trying to work out what the worst one i ever had was...

it MIGHT have been that bloody Corsair...  my first car...   god it was sh1te

But dishonourable mentions must go to...

Fraud Granada Mk2 estate.   ( we used it as a taxi, because there was no Senator Estate, and it was bigger than the Carlton estate ) , it got almost cut in half in a side impact accident in 89, provided me little or no protection , I still suffer from that incident today...

MG Maestro, Pedal offset causes back problem sin anyone over 6ft effectively, the pedals, seat and steering wheel are all slightly offset form each other so that you sit in a weird skewed position that causes a rotational tension in the spine ... leading to severe back ache after longer journeys.
this however appeared to be fixed for the Montego , which actually was a much better car..... still crap... but not nearly as crap as the misnomered Maestro.

Rover SDI 2.6   they weren't called HG munchers chaps  ... they were called head benders..  the reason they went through so many HG's was that the heads warped at the slightest opportunity....   if it overheated even for a minute... it would require machining and a new HG at the very least....  

Haven't you heard about the ex Buick V8 ROver bought back in the 1960s and developed them selves, why oh why did people keep buying those crapppy straight sixes for? [smiley=angry.gif]

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #46 on: 30 January 2007, 19:06:29 »

simply,  as I recall, i think it was company car taxation rules....  there were break points in the tax rules at around 2 litres and 3 litres... 3.5 was way over the top, according to the accountant of the time.....  who was shortly thereafter fired....  

I did have a mate with a much tweaked 3.9 Vitesse Turbo....  

to be fair , in a straight line it was magnificently brutal and awesomely quick.....

show it a roundabout however, and you were in trouble.....

:y

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 January 2007, 19:06:49 »

The SD1 2.6 was notoriously unreliable...  ...but a lot cheaper than the V8
Grumpy old man

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30 January 2007, 20:49:51 »

Worst car was anything that had a British Leyland badge on it ::) Best car was probably the Maxda626, never missed a beat, was very comfortable and had all the toys, it would have been my XR4i except it refused to go round corners :-?

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 30 January 2007, 23:09:44 »

Worst car - F reg 1.0 Nova saloon base model lower than a merit   :( I needed a car and it was cheap.

Best car - K reg Cavalier 2.0 8v SRI. Dark blue with grey velour interior. First car that had an engine bigger than 1.3 and swapped the 14" wheel trims for 5 spoke 15" alloys.  My first mod.  :)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.