Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has?  (Read 3423 times)

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
Who has?
« on: 11 June 2015, 10:25:46 »

Hello folks. Hey Just a question out of curiosity. 
Who has the oldest Omega and why are there so few of them left on the road? I often go browsing but there seems little or none of the p/f model left.
Mine is a 1997(R) and there seems to be none left older. These were launched in 1994 on a (L)? Are the Omegas gonna die quicker and become as elusive as the Cresta and Victor?
Maybe it'll be worth banging a couple into a bubble and stored?
Anyone driving owning a P/f and older than mine?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Who has?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2015, 11:28:25 »

Anthony in Madrid has one older (he is fixing his oil cooler at the moment). I also bet Jim in Scotland has at least one in his collection that is older.

I had two 97 Elites ( a 2.5 and a 3.0) and scrapped both over here as uneconomic to repair. Wishbones and then geometry.

The local garage here has a very early one with what look like senator alloys. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2015, 12:58:42 »

Mee, sir, me!!!

Registered December 1996 on a P  :)

As you say, though, the PFLs are very rare, as if Omegas aren't rare enough. I'm sure there's be a few on here that will be able to beat me, though.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

The Sheriff

« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2015, 13:31:56 »

Mee, sir, me!!!

As you say, though, the PFLs are very rare, as if Omegas aren't rare enough. I'm sure there's be a few on here that will be able to beat me, though.
Yours has bits of omega from most years. ;D

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2015, 15:08:28 »

Mee, sir, me!!!

Nice to know there are some older than mine, as you say though these are dying far too quickly. Maybe I should get mine in storage and stop abusing it in daily life..  8)

^^^ Lol! Sounds useful to know some younger can help keep the elder ones running.  8)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2015, 15:25:57 »

If you put it into storage you would need it to be in good condition and preferably original. Then you wait and wait. Oh and buy some consumables for it as they will be in short supply in years to come.

Mrs V said the other day as we watched Car SOS (Cortina mk1 GT) - I wished we still had that Lotus Cortina Mk1 I had in 1981. I bought it for £200 had a year out of it and then broke it for over £600. It would have cost a lot to store it all those years.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2015, 16:02:56 »

Yeah this is true,it would cost to keep it. It wouldn't be for profit that I did it moreso for the nostalgia. There's not many vx's that are worth alot of money now sadly.
Even the Carlton/Omega a are dying fast.
Mine isn't fast being the 2.0 but I like it and it give me reason to smile. It don't rattle or bang like I hear from.post 2000 motors. 
I can still "make progress" when needed to,

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2015, 16:08:02 »

Mee, sir, me!!!

Nice to know there are some older than mine, as you say though these are dying far too quickly. Maybe I should get mine in storage and stop abusing it in daily life..  8)

^^^ Lol! Sounds useful to know some younger can help keep the elder ones running.  8)

haha! Yes, off the top of my head, brand new front suspension, springs are off a FL MV6, one of the bearings is from a 37k FL the throttle body, plus the vac pipes and rubber elbows, and front brakes (GM discs and pads). Recently an ashtray and a DC012 Autochanger from a 1994 car, Corsa C sunglasses holder in place of driver's grab handle, rear light cluster bulbholders from a 1994 car, soon to have a 1998 3-litres G cams and a FL MV6 long plenum fitted. Glovebox was recently changed for one off a 180k Elite 1997. Got my eye on a local breaker's 90k FL, which I'm aiming to have a few bits off, too  :)

She's fast becoming a brush with five new heads and two new handles! Ahh, 177,500 miles she's done well and deserves it  :).
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2015, 16:48:19 »

Proper heinz car then?
Need to change my stereo, it's pants. Lol! So far, (touches wood) it appears to be intact although there some minor cosmetics to do on some trims. Only done 60k so I fear mine has lowest miles also? Only done 8k in last four years and I done 5k of those since last 11 months.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2015, 09:10:45 »

Unlucky Alf has a TD with IR remote locking, which puts his in the MY94 or MY95. Omegatoy's old silver estate tractor is M reg, if he still has it.
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2015, 09:20:08 »

Proper heinz car then?
Need to change my stereo, it's pants. Lol! So far, (touches plastic wood) it appears to be intact although there some minor cosmetics to do on some trims. Only done 60k so I fear mine has lowest miles also? Only done 8k in last four years and I done 5k of those since last 11 months.

Fixed it for ya  ;)

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2015, 09:34:24 »

Hmm a M plate? This I would like to see.  8)
Proper heinz car then?
Need to change my stereo, it's pants. Lol! So far, (touches plastic wood) it appears to be intact although there some minor cosmetics to do on some trims. Only done 60k so I fear mine has lowest miles also? Only done 8k in last four years and I done 5k of those since last 11 months.

Fixed it for ya  ;)
Lol. ;D T the time I was sat in my house, mot in the car.  :D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2015, 10:18:27 »

So you sat 'touching wood' whilst on the internet?

We've all done that...  :D

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2015, 16:05:44 »

Lmao,, yep whilst typing the reply here, I tapped the coffee table,,, wonder what plastic wood would've been interpreted to then?  :y :D typing and touching wood,, that'd make me multitasking?  Men can't do that....

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2015, 16:13:53 »

SHHH!!! If they find out we can multitask they'll have is doing things!!! 'Men can't multitask' is the last excuse we have for not being able to do stuff!!!  :y

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.