Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance nonsense. Thanks Zenith!!!  (Read 1896 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Car insurance nonsense. Thanks Zenith!!!
« on: 26 August 2021, 10:35:34 »

Got my renewal through a couple of weeks ago... reasonable price, compared the meerkats and it was in the same terrace.

Am going to be changing the car in the near future, and had also been getting quotes for that, and my current insurer was competitive both for the renewal and the change of vehicle. The idea being to renew the policy and change vehicle as required, keeping the same insurer. No fuss, no drama.

So I ring my insurer in order to ask how much the change of vehicle will cost me, assuming that it would be in the first couple of weeks of the renewal...

... Only to be told "we can't quote for that vehicle". Apparently they have decided, at some point in the last week to drop higher group vehicles from their cover. I asked where that left my renewal. "Nope, we won't cover that either".

So the cautionary tale here, is that had I not rung them and simply left the policy to auto renew, (which was an option), then I would have been left uninsured and only found out when they didn't take the payment or issue the documents >:(

Now struggling to find a single insurer to cover both vehicles, so will probably end up having to take out one policy in order to cancel it in a week or so to take out a different policy for the change of vehicle. Which is an expensive and arse backwards way of having to deal with it >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
Re: Car insurance nonsense. Thanks Zenith!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2021, 11:41:40 »

What about short term insurance like temp cover? Might that help?
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2021, 13:00:29 »

Got my renewal through a couple of weeks ago... reasonable price, compared the meerkats and it was in the same terrace.

Am going to be changing the car in the near future, and had also been getting quotes for that, and my current insurer was competitive both for the renewal and the change of vehicle. The idea being to renew the policy and change vehicle as required, keeping the same insurer. No fuss, no drama.

So I ring my insurer in order to ask how much the change of vehicle will cost me, assuming that it would be in the first couple of weeks of the renewal...

... Only to be told "we can't quote for that vehicle". Apparently they have decided, at some point in the last week to drop higher group vehicles from their cover. I asked where that left my renewal. "Nope, we won't cover that either".

So the cautionary tale here, is that had I not rung them and simply left the policy to auto renew, (which was an option), then I would have been left uninsured and only found out when they didn't take the payment or issue the documents >:(

Now struggling to find a single insurer to cover both vehicles, so will probably end up having to take out one policy in order to cancel it in a week or so to take out a different policy for the change of vehicle. Which is an expensive and arse backwards way of having to deal with it >:(

What is it?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2021, 14:47:25 »

Had similar back in the early '90's when I swapped a Rover SD1 V8 for a BMW 528i the insurance company who I'd got the Rover with wouldn't even quote for the beemer,and this year when the insurance was due for the 960 the insurance company I was with sent an e-mail to say they'd no longer entertain insuring it,no reason given as to why they'd insured it the previous year but wouldn't even quote to renew it.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2021, 15:40:28 »

Had similar back in the early '90's when I swapped a Rover SD1 V8 for a BMW 528i the insurance company who I'd got the Rover with wouldn't even quote for the beemer,and this year when the insurance was due for the 960 the insurance company I was with sent an e-mail to say they'd no longer entertain insuring it,no reason given as to why they'd insured it the previous year but wouldn't even quote to renew it.
They have the nerve to call it "the risk business".  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2021, 17:21:33 »

What is it?
You would appreciate the insanity of it, but as they aren't prepared to insure a car that they have covered for the last 18months, it isn't relevant to the point ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2021, 20:49:07 »

All renewed, for less than the original renewal, via the Meerkats and underwritten by none other than Zenith ???

I mean wtf is that about :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2021, 22:27:53 »

Lets hope they don't return the payment unknown to you .....
and the first you know about it is when those annoying blue warning lights start flashing on the rear view mirror   ??? no mention of them in the manual  :-\ i think it means speed up  :P
6 points , a fine and car confiscated ,

then your insurance will go up  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2021, 22:32:52 »

They've sent the Docs already...  :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 August 2021, 00:05:09 »

I had that with an insurance co (One of the big players ... forget now who) years ago. They sent out the docs for the next year on the assumption I'd renew ... I didn't. They then wanted them back. I said I wasn't prepared to send, I didn't ask for them, them unless they sent a pre-paid postage for the contents of my shredder.  ::) I never heard back from them.  ::) ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2021, 15:12:43 »

Docs for the Doc then.  :-[

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 August 2021, 15:24:00 »

Useful to rub on nettle stings  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 August 2021, 19:31:56 »

Useful to rub on nettle stings  :y
;D Odd that, nettles and docks always seem to grow together. Quite handy.  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2021, 12:56:37 »

Just finished renewal for the Posh Vectra.
The renewal from Hastings was £208. Gone up £8. From last year...
So I just phoned them,stating how comes Insurance for others in the family has gone down with other insurance company,,  so after 15mins as if by magic, it suddenly reduces to £151.25. 
Thank you paid and re-insurured...

Typical robbing Bastids,just hoping your lazyness will give them a payment with challenging the price on the letter..
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2021, 18:36:08 »

Just finished renewal for the Posh Vectra.
The renewal from Hastings was £208. Gone up £8. From last year...
So I just phoned them,stating how comes Insurance for others in the family has gone down with other insurance company,,  so after 15mins as if by magic, it suddenly reduces to £151.25. 
Thank you paid and re-insurured...

Typical robbing Bastids,just hoping your lazyness will give them a payment with challenging the price on the letter..

Yes, that happens every year with the AA but I soon get them down to a price in line with last years at least. :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.