Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Visa - Amazon  (Read 6504 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Visa - Amazon
« on: 17 November 2021, 10:12:44 »

We’re writing to notify you of an upcoming change to Amazon.co.uk.

Starting 19 Jan, 2022, we will unfortunately no longer accept any Visa credit cards issued in the UK, due to the high fees Visa charges for processing credit card transactions. You can still use debit cards (including Visa debit cards) and non-Visa credit cards like Mastercard, Amex, and Eurocard to make purchases. We’ll give you £20 off your next purchase the first time you set any debit or non-Visa credit card as default, subject to the terms and conditions at the end of this email.

This is going to save me a fortune as I will only use my Credit Card to buy goods online. 8) :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Visa - Amazon
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2021, 11:20:12 »

Just changed mine to a mastercard debit card....no biggie.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2021, 11:49:12 »

I would tell them to stick it. I will use payment methods of my choosing rather than be dictated to by an obnoxious, self important drop shipper.

Eventually, they will whittle it down to only accepting Amazon cards/bank accounts. By which time you will finally realise that they own you. (they already do, but that's currently still free choice).

Your vaccination status and credit score will be the next thing used against you by these companies.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2021, 12:11:10 »

I rarely use Amazon .... the fact that you are always steered towards signing up to Prime p***es me off.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2021, 12:28:34 »

I think SWMBO uses Amazon but it would be on a.debit card  if she did , so makes no odds to me .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2021, 12:52:12 »

I would tell them to stick it. I will use payment methods of my choosing rather than be dictated to by an obnoxious, self important drop shipper.

Eventually, they will whittle it down to only accepting Amazon cards/bank accounts. By which time you will finally realise that they own you. (they already do, but that's currently still free choice).

Your vaccination status and credit score will be the next thing used against you by these companies.
Is that right, Donald?  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2021, 12:54:29 »

I rarely use Amazon .... the fact that you are always steered towards signing up to Prime p***es me off.
Prime is great value for £7.99 a month if you order regularly (like three times a week  ;D). Free, one day delivery saves us a fortune and makes Amazon prime video free.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 November 2021, 12:55:14 »

When the day comes, I will say I told you so :D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2021, 12:58:57 »

Some friends here have a shop here and they pay quite a lot in card fees. Like most environments, we have been encouraged to go cashless. Te banks havent responded.

To my mind the credit card fees are outrageous.Maybe they will adjust them following Amazons announcement. At least you have some consumer protection rights on purchases over £100?

I agree Dr G , wont be long before Amazon own us compleely.

Also agree Prime is good value. We watch stuff on Prime and buy occasional stuff to make it well worthwhile.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 November 2021, 13:01:49 »

Some friends here have a shop here and they pay quite a lot in card fees. Like most environments, we have been encouraged to go cashless. Te banks havent responded.

To my mind the credit card fees are outrageous.Maybe they will adjust them following Amazons announcement. At least you have some consumer protection rights on purchases over £100?

Also agree Prime is good value. We watch stuff on Prime and buy occasional stuff to make it well worthwhile.
It's a relationship that suits us fine. We own them, not the other way round. £20 credit for changing your payment card is a no brainer.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 November 2021, 13:08:34 »

Au contraire, the banks have responded... by making their services more expensive.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 November 2021, 13:53:34 »

;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2021, 14:12:53 »

I honestly can't remember the last time I paid any bank charges learnt my lesson very early on in life, stay in credit don't go overdrawn it's a mugs game, same with credit cards paid off in full every month.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2021, 14:39:48 »

Prime is great value for £7.99 a month if you order regularly (like three times a week  ;D). Free, one day delivery saves us a fortune and makes Amazon prime video free.

In some cases it's no cheaper, I have compared prices and in a lot of cases the carriage is in with the item cost to cover prime/carriage.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2021, 14:40:57 »

I honestly can't remember the last time I paid any bank charges learnt my lesson very early on in life, stay in credit don't go overdrawn it's a mugs game, same with credit cards paid off in full every month.

Done the same when I was younger.  These days the Direct Debit just pays the card in full. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.