Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to getcha  (Read 3129 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Coming to getcha
« Reply #45 on: 27 November 2021, 17:58:44 »

Amidst all the corrupt UK media hysteria about the 'mutant super variant', South African authorities are insisting that so far that the cases with the Omnicon variant produce a mild illness, but it seems that that message is being completely drowned out by all the noise.  ::)

It's possibly just the excuse that Boris needs to bring in vaccine passports/passes which have nothing to do with Covid or the Covid vaccines.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 November 2021, 18:06:24 »

Cynic :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 November 2021, 18:07:46 »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 November 2021, 18:19:59 »

I understand the sentiment, but it makes no sense to me...

As an example, you wear a mask to enter a restaurant, whereby you're sat at a table inside said restaurant. You wish to use the facilities, so put your mask back on to walk across the room that you're already in (unmasked).

Equally in the shops, most people wearing masks fail to cover their noses which makes a total nonsense of the whole concept. Either wear one or don't.

Why ever not? Remember when people smoked, and you could see the cloud of smoke around their table? And breathe their smoke trail whenever they walked past you? Or you could just look up and watch how planes leave a vapour trail. Breathing does exactly the same thing, and a mask reduces the amount and distance it travels.

You are correct about masks not covering the nose though.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27 November 2021, 18:27:14 »

Amidst all the corrupt UK media hysteria about the 'mutant super variant', South African authorities are insisting that so far that the cases with the Omnicon variant produce a mild illness, but it seems that that message is being completely drowned out by all the noise.  ::)

It's possibly just the excuse that Boris needs to bring in vaccine passports/passes which have nothing to do with Covid or the Covid vaccines.  >:(

I imagine the number of 'variants' is probably about the same as the number of stars in the observable universe. :-X

Expect more variants and more jabs to protect people. :-X

How far are people and governments willing to go with this? :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27 November 2021, 18:31:53 »

I imagine the number of 'variants' is probably about the same as the number of stars in the observable universe. :-X

Expect more variants and more jabs to protect people. :-X

How far are people and governments willing to go with this? :-\
As far as they need to avoid accusations of acting too slowly. Inconveniencing people is better than explaining how you let them die.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27 November 2021, 18:33:20 »

Just watched part of the government talk about this on the Beeb it would be far easier to answer the ridiculous questions asked of them honestly by saying " we haven't got a fu**ing clue".
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 27 November 2021, 18:35:34 »

Just watched part of the government talk about this on the Beeb it would be far easier to answer the ridiculous questions asked of them honestly by saying " we haven't got a fu**ing clue".
I think they said exactly that, in a roundabout way  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 27 November 2021, 18:36:31 »

They haven't!  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 27 November 2021, 18:37:10 »

Smoke and fumes don't bother me as much as the smell of chewing gum.

My favourite two smells are burnt Jet A1 and diesel cold starting over water on a cold morning.

I don't smoke because I simply choose not to.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 27 November 2021, 20:21:24 »

I wear a mask to help reduce spread any covid virus I may unknowingly have, not to reduce my chances of catching it myself.

If I want to reduce my own risks, I avoid the great unwashed, like public transport and McCardboard.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 27 November 2021, 20:36:17 »

I wear a mask to help reduce spread any covid virus I may unknowingly have, not to reduce my chances of catching it myself.

If I want to reduce my own risks, I avoid the great unwashed, like public transport and McCardboard.

Funny enough we do exactly the same, but we have been amazed over the last couple of weeks by the amount of folk that have simply abandoned the mask wearing, I can only imagine that they believe its simply gone away .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 27 November 2021, 20:58:11 »

You can buy McCardboard from the dubious comfort of the battlebus.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 27 November 2021, 22:20:47 »

We test every shift. So reasonably confident not to have it.

Had to have a PCR test a week ago because some dirty bastid on my flight apparently had it.

The system is a bit slow though... My flight was on the 11th, had a negative Day 2 test on the 12th,  got the dreaded 'you've been exposed' text on the 19th with a caveat saying that I had to self isolate until the 21st if I didn't get a PCR test. So had that test on the 19th and got the negative result late on the 20th. ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28 November 2021, 10:37:54 »

So DG , do you think you are superhuman OR wearing a mask on the plane may have stopped the spread and you catching TCV  :D
W.H.O data shows wearing a mask reduces transmissibility by 52%

I see hours after Boris announced the return of mandatory mask wearing in shops and public transport, that SKY NEWS was still displaying their England- "ALL restrictions lifted , mask wearing no longer mandatory" graphics ,every hour before the news headlines  >:(

No wonder people get confused  ::)

The PCR testing of people entering the UK should not have stopped  >:( ,then they might have had a hope in hell of tracing Omicrom carriers  ::)   

Lets hope science finds a solution before it's too late ,and we don't get a mutation that wipes out most of the worlds population   ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.