Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky Q & Netflix  (Read 2113 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Sky Q & Netflix
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2021, 17:34:49 »

I had to realign my aerial to a sub-transmitter a while back as my Freeview signal was terrible and became unwatchable probably due to a massive tree in the neighbours garden, but now I only have about 16 channels which I'm starting to get bored with.   ::)

Freesat seems like a decent alternative, no subscription, loads of channels and I'll only have to stump up for the box and having a dish installed.  :-\
We had a similar issue. Neighbour is a telly box installer. Apparently the older aerials cannot receive the latest generation signals very well... Slightly different bandwidths?

It took a new aerial and booster (the old ones were basically 20 years old and the booster was scorched). To fix it. £180 all in and no reception issues since :)

This is a good point.  :y

My aerial and booster are probably getting on for 25 years old, as is the cable which I suspect gets wet at the aerial connections in really bad weather.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2021, 10:09:05 »

Don't you have to pay the lefty tax if you have the means to watch Aunty terrestrially or via the interwebs :-\
The interwebb bit is a grey area, but if you have the means to receive any UK channel at home, via aerials, sats or cable, you have to pay for knobenders and strictly cum masterbating.

This is not correct.  Having the means to watch TV is irrelevant, the TV licence is required only if you watch any live broadcast programme, via TV or Internet device, or you watch anything on iPlayer (live or not).  So long as what you are watching is essentially on demand and you don't watch live broadcast, you don't need a TV licence.

So watching F1 on Now TV would fall under the category of requiring a TVL.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 November 2021, 10:27:59 »

Opti hasn't got a tv license as far as I know, ask him.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2021, 10:48:35 »

It's not worth the hassle of risking £1000 fine and a criminal record unless you are 100% sure  ::)

who knows ?

lots of fake news about if you need one or not  ::)

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 November 2021, 12:16:50 »

It's not worth the hassle of risking £1000 fine and a criminal record unless you are 100% sure  ::)

who knows ?

It is really not difficult. https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Why would you pay for something if you genuinely don't need it. 

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 November 2021, 12:39:42 »

who knows ?

Exactly. Risking it all for just £13 per month!!

Many on here are quiet prepared to pay vast sums on Virgin, Sky, etc services, but moan about £13.   ::) ::) :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2021, 12:44:50 »

Don't you have to pay the lefty tax if you have the means to watch Aunty terrestrially or via the interwebs :-\
The interwebb bit is a grey area, but if you have the means to receive any UK channel at home, via aerials, sats or cable, you have to pay for knobenders and strictly cum masterbating.

This is not correct.  Having the means to watch TV is irrelevant, the TV licence is required only if you watch any live broadcast programme, via TV or Internet device, or you watch anything on iPlayer (live or not).  So long as what you are watching is essentially on demand and you don't watch live broadcast, you don't need a TV licence.

So you are NEVER found to be watching the live news broadcasts when a major event is taking place, or there is an important announcement?

Come on, pull the other one!  Just to save £13  month!! :P

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 November 2021, 12:55:54 »

So you are NEVER found to be watching the live news broadcasts when a major event is taking place, or there is an important announcement?

Thanks for your unhelpful and unwelcome assertion! I never said I didn't watch live TV - I also never said I didn't have a TV Licence - I do!

What I was pointing out was the inaccuracy of the statement made - whether someone needs a TV licence or not is a simple set of questions, if you can honestly answer them so that it indicates you don't need a licence, then you don't need one!

All the posts where you moan on at people jumping on your posts - perhaps now you can see why!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 November 2021, 13:11:32 »

Thanks for your unhelpful and unwelcome assertion! I never said I didn't watch live TV - I also never said I didn't have a TV Licence - I do!

What I was pointing out was the inaccuracy of the statement made - whether someone needs a TV licence or not is a simple set of questions, if you can honestly answer them so that it indicates you don't need a licence, then you don't need one!

All the posts where you moan on at people jumping on your posts - perhaps now you can see why!

Sorry, but the tone of your post suggested that you were questioning why bother having a licence.

I was wrong, which is something I will always admit to although others on here often do not.

So you claim to have seen my so called posts moaning at people jumping on them?  I will not comment on that as you have already made a decision to think that is right, so I am not going to waste my time with you arguing.  ;)

You will learn that all people are doing on here is voicing their opinions, and that is what I do. Like it or not. ;D

PS Why though are you quickly making this a personal attack on me?  Just asking……. ;)
« Last Edit: 28 November 2021, 13:26:39 by Lizzie Zoom »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2021, 13:27:28 »

who knows ?

Many on here are quiet prepared to pay vast sums on Virgin, Sky, etc services, but moan about £13.   ::) ::) :P

So if I charged you £13 a month for something you genuinely never used you'd find that acceptable.  :-\ 

I have a TV licence to play safe but we do not watch live TV, and almost certainly never a BBC channel or ITV live. I haven't watched the news for years, it's always bad news so we have given that a miss for many years, and I'm not into any sport. I would gladly have the BBC channels removed from my TV altogether. As you can tell, we are not big on TV, so little so that Stemo asked where I'd been hiding when I picked up on something that was clearly old news.  ;D  Which other service could get away with charging you for something you do not use. OOF is my news feed.  :)
As for other services, Netflix, Sky etc., people can choose whether they justify paying for those or not.  :)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2021, 13:34:15 »

who knows ?

So if I charged you £13 a month for something you genuinely never used you'd find that acceptable.  :-\ 

I have a TV licence to play safe but we do not watch live TV, and almost certainly never a BBC channel or ITV live. I haven't watched the news for years, it's always bad news so we have given that a miss for many years, and I'm not into any sport. I would gladly have the BBC channels removed from my TV altogether. As you can tell, we are not big on TV, so little so that Stemo asked where I'd been hiding when I picked up on something that was clearly old news.  ;D  Which other service could get away with charging you for something you do not use. OOF is my news feed.  :)
As for other services, Netflix, Sky etc., people can choose whether they justify paying for those or not.  :)

Fair enough in my book.  Good enough reasons why not to have a TV licences ;D :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2021, 13:47:54 »

who knows ?

It is really not difficult. https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Why would you pay for something if you genuinely don't need it.
If you have the means to receive and therefore watch BBC output, then the onus is on you to prove that you don't.

Good luck with that.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2021, 14:15:16 »

who knows ?

One of my old aunties got fined years ago for not having a TV licence before they had detector vans going around, she wrote in regarding a TV competition and received a letter saying no record of a licence  at her address, poor old girl was traumatised..😅
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2021, 14:38:28 »

who knows ?

One of my old aunties got fined years ago for not having a TV licence before they had detector vans going around, she wrote in regarding a TV competition and received a letter saying no record of a licence  at her address, poor old girl was traumatised..😅

Talk about shooting herself in the foot then.  ;D :y

I've had to buy a TV Licence for my elderly parents for the last couple of years as they're not receiving Pension Credit so they have to pay now. They're both bedbound, they've both got dementia and neither of them can see the wall opposite them, let alone the TV on it.  ::)  The TV hasn't been switched on for almost four years but if I remove it, it's like another kick in the teeth for their sad demise.  :'(
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 November 2021, 14:45:58 »

who knows ?

Talk about shooting herself in the foot then.  ;D :y

I've had to buy a TV Licence for my elderly parents for the last couple of years as they're not receiving Pension Credit so they have to pay now. They're both bedbound, they've both got dementia and neither of them can see the wall opposite them, let alone the TV on it.  ::)  The TV hasn't been switched on for almost four years but if I remove it, it's like another kick in the teeth for their sad demise.  :'(

She's still around 99 years old now but still 100 percent okay, but as deaf as a post last time I visited I could hear her TV from outside her house.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.