Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What A FAF! FFS  (Read 664 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
What A FAF! FFS
« on: 29 November 2021, 19:35:14 »

Hello fellow OOF'ers,

I still have my Omega Elite 2.6, unlike a few ex-owners on here. I still love her.
She is sitting in the Strathspey Steam Railway Aviemore car park as usual (before anybody wants to go up there and nick it, there is CCTV covering it!)  >:(

Anyhoo, I am still in Mallorca, getting back to Scotland on Wednesday 1st December.

However my timing is shite as usual, as BoJo has changed the entry conditions on the 30th Dec. I had ordered an LFT last week and have had to change to PCT at the last minute, what a long winded exercise that is!
Inside leg measurements etc!

I just hope the old girl starts up ok (not the wife STEMO!) I have one of those quick release battery conns and extra battery in the boot. Just in case I need a jump start as most of my pals will be in the pub at 9.30 in the evening!

I will report in next week to report updates!  ::)

Cheers,

Jock (not pc!  ::))

I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: What A FAF! FFS
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2021, 20:42:03 »

Travel is a challenge in this Covid era..

Going through France recently you couldnt get a coffee or an indoor meal without a validCovid vaccine passport.

Hope it goes well.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2021, 20:55:47 »

Coming back a couple of weeks ago was painless enough.

I went with a drive through Day 2 test. Swapping an LFT for a PCR test should be doable at the appointment. The actual collection is near as damn it the same ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2021, 23:27:12 »

Just be thankful Queen Nicola and that twerp of a Welsh council leader aren't in charge. They both want day 2 and day 10 PCR's.

The bigger airports have walk through PCR testing nearby. You take the "Day 2" test as you leave the airport, and get the results by 10pm the next day. You're supposed to isolate until you get the PCR result, and assuming it's Ok you will be 'free' the following day. Depends when and where you arrive though.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2021, 23:29:19 by LC0112G »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2021, 02:08:24 »

You only had to register where you will be for ten days. Didn't matter where it is as long as it is where you said you would be...

The other condition was having the test booked before boarding the flight. Part of the Track and Trace info, so a moot point as you cannot submit incomplete information. If you do, the journey becomes a complete nightmare because you have to explain why at every single step. If they let you past check in.
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2021, 09:42:08 »

You only had to register where you will be for ten days. Didn't matter where it is as long as it is where you said you would be...

That was then, this is now. Now you have to isolate until you get the result of your "Day 2" PCR test. If you're doing it via a postal PCR then that automatically adds a day onto your isolation.

We're (hopefully) going to France on 11th Dec, returning on Dec 22nd. PCR test at Bluewater on the way home from Eurotunnel. Hopefully get the result by 10pm on Dec 23rd, which leaves Dec 24th to do all my Christmas shopping. Then back to France on 26th Dec. What could possibly go wrong  :D ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2021, 10:10:38 »

That was then, this is now. Now you have to isolate until you get the result of your "Day 2" PCR test. If you're doing it via a postal PCR then that automatically adds a day onto your isolation.

We're (hopefully) going to France on 11th Dec, returning on Dec 22nd. PCR test at Bluewater on the way home from Eurotunnel. Hopefully get the result by 10pm on Dec 23rd, which leaves Dec 24th to do all my Christmas shopping. Then back to France on 26th Dec. What could possibly go wrong  :D ::)

Dont forget your double jabbed covid passport. You might also need your-sworn affidavit that you havent got Covid. Keep an eye on You gov for the latest.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2021, 11:06:48 »

My lad is travelling to Romania on 27th December, his first time abroad. I do hope it doesn't turn out to be horrendous for him.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2021, 13:16:31 »

Dont forget your double jabbed covid passport. You might also need your-sworn affidavit that you havent got Covid. Keep an eye on You gov for the latest.

Yeah - I've already printed out a forest of paper. QR codes, Crit D'aires, Declaration D'honeur's, Insurance Docs, IDP etc. Snow tyres on the car this weekend, and snow chains already in the boot. Will re-do the QR codes after my booster on Friday, but if the NHS IT system goes belly up then at least I've already got a QR code to cover the first trip already.

If Macron decides we need a day two PCR test then we can live with that for the first trip, but the second will probably get binned. France red-listing the UK or Boris saying Day 2 and Day 8(or 10) PCR isolation scuppers me though - if Boris changes the rules as of 4am 'tomorrow' whilst we're out there on the first trip, then I may regret not taking the LC and trying to beat my previous Tignes-Calais best time ::)

Biggest issue is Bacon Sausage and Black Pudding. It's been suggested that if I hide it in a kilogram block of  cocaine, and wrap it up in Cannabis leaves that the bacon-sarnie sniffer dogs won't be able to detect it. 8) 

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2021, 13:47:55 »

All that aggro just to go to French France. You must be bonkers.  :o ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2021, 16:40:12 »

Mais d’accord Monsieur le Frog!

The other thing you could do is take some Stilton to put the bacon sniffer dogs off the scent.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2021, 16:54:54 »

Mais d’accord Monsieur le Frog!

The other thing you could do is take some Stilton to put the bacon sniffer dogs off the scent.

How about some English Camembert?  ???

https://www.thecourtyarddairy.co.uk/shop/buy-cheese/soft-cheese-smelly-cheese/buy-tunworth-soft-cheese/

And just to rub it in, some Dorset snails for good measure!  ;D

https://dorsetsnails.co.uk/
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2021, 18:13:34 »

We do take slabs of local beers from Fine Tuned Brewery - just round the corner from work in Somerton. Also local Scrumpy and occasionally some local cider brandy. When in Rome though, Pelforth Brune is a good local brew. And then there is Geneppi and Chatreuse.

Not keen on Brie or Camenbert. I do like Roqufort though, and the Savoie speciality of Beaufort - especially 3 year old Summer Beaufort. 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2021, 18:28:17 »

Cheese and wine, how very nice.
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.