Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3120950 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24825 on: 28 January 2023, 17:46:42 »

On the subject of filthy number plates, I had plod behind me yesterday
In front of me, on a dual carriageway, was a Tesla
Rear plate was unreadable, even up close
Plod swug around me and compleatly ingnored the tree hugging do gooder in the electric planet saving car that was breaking the law and drove past. he waas not in a hurry so could have easily have seen it and done something about it but no.
Probably under orders from on high to only target filthy ICE powered cars. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24826 on: 28 January 2023, 22:43:40 »

Pulled the rear bumper off the Alabama Mumsybus to fit a new sill plate. Being German, this obviously meant stripping the bumper down to its constituent parts to access the tabs to fit the retaining clips.

Also discovered some previous bodgery attaching the parking sensor brackets and a very slight dink on the end of the rear panel.

Dink straightened, flaked paint rubbed back and coated with Dinitrols finest.

All the bodged parking sensors resecured without bodgery.

I had expected far worse behind it as the bumper has obviously been off before (missing retainers and no clips on the trim, which is why I had to replace it  >:( ), so was pleased efind no evidence of significant damage. The bumper is original, with no evidence of repair beyond some paint, and the dink almost certainly happened whilst the bumper was off... It's impossible to have knocked it with the bumper on because there's zero evidence to that effect...ie no damage where the bumper attaches or to the quarter or rear panels.

I have an invoice from the previous owner to remove/refit the bumper to reattach the rear parking sensors. Whether it was painted at this point or not I don't know, but whoever painted it didn't bother taking the parking sensors or their loom off the bumper ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24827 on: 30 January 2023, 15:58:32 »

Finished and returned the neighboours sons boyfriends Corsa.

Good second hand head fitted (valves lapped and stem seals replaced prior),head gasket kit, timing chain kit, sump gasket (you have to drop the sump on these or the timing case to sump does not seal reliably.....and it incorporates the suction pickup for the oil pump), oil, oil filter, antifreeze, new manifold nuts, new aux belt, new rad drain tap, plugs and a good clean down (and change from £460).

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24828 on: 30 January 2023, 20:44:26 »

(and change from £460).

Nice work. Clearly you know where to shop  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24829 on: 31 January 2023, 15:18:18 »

Drove it to Londonium and back.  Couldn't face the hassle of the choo choo....    ....plus I've had a bad run with the Chiltern Slug of late, 3 of the last 4 I've intended to catch have been cancelled for the usual daft reasons like wrong kind of rain or some such codswhollop.

M40 was busy due to the shenanigans on the M1, so had to put on my angry music *REALLY* loud and intimidate the lane hoggers out of the way.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24830 on: 31 January 2023, 22:09:51 »

Used the Omega to go to a site visit today as didn't fancy parking the Beemer there after looking at the images on Google Streetview  :-X. Still a great car to blat along A roads in, yes it's surpassed in so many departments by more modern RWD cars but I still love driving it and as long as it keeps passing MOT's i'll keep hold of it  :)
« Last Edit: 31 January 2023, 22:17:33 by VXL V6 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24831 on: 01 February 2023, 17:12:21 »

Finally got round to fitting the new screen wash pump on the Mondeo that has been sitting on the side for ages.  ::)

Unlike the Omega it's tucked inside the bumper and accessed from below after removing the undertray.

Typically, despite my best efforts I got a face full of screenwash when I pulled the old pump out, and after when I was adjusting the jets the pipes popped off the pump and I had screenwash pissing out from the bumper!  ::)

So I have to do it again now!  Pffft!  >:( 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24832 on: 01 February 2023, 17:40:18 »

Finally got round to fitting the new screen wash pump on the Mondeo that has been sitting on the side for ages.  ::)

Unlike the Omega it's tucked inside the bumper and accessed from below after removing the undertray.

Typically, despite my best efforts I got a face full of screenwash when I pulled the old pump out, and after when I was adjusting the jets the pipes popped off the pump and I had screenwash pissing out from the bumper!  ::)

bodge quick bodge twice  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24833 on: 01 February 2023, 18:08:40 »

If you managed to pull the 'pipes' off under the bumper by playing with the washer jets, I take it there's not a lot of slack?
That's quite a distance.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24834 on: 01 February 2023, 18:32:28 »

If you managed to pull the 'pipes' off under the bumper by playing with the washer jets, I take it there's not a lot of slack?
That's quite a distance.

No I wasn't messing with the pipes, just adjusting the direction of the jets with a needle.

As the ends of the pipes on the pump were wet, the back pressure popped them off..... I think.  :-\

I'll leave them for a couple of days to dry out and then reassemble with a smear of silly cone. Should do the trick.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24835 on: 01 February 2023, 19:41:21 »

That's quite a distance.

No I wasn't messing with the pipes, just adjusting the direction of the jets with a needle.

As the ends of the pipes on the pump were wet, the back pressure popped them off..... I think.  :-\

I'll leave them for a couple of days to dry out and then reassemble with a smear of silly cone. Should do the trick.  :y

Exactly the same.

After cleaning out the washer pump filter I now have wet stuff hitting the screen. :y

The pump pipes still leak/drip but at least I have water so that can be sorted another day.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24836 on: 01 February 2023, 20:09:11 »

That's quite a distance.

Exactly the same.

After cleaning out the washer pump filter I now have wet stuff hitting the screen. :y

The pump pipes still leak/drip but at least I have water so that can be sorted another day.

Well you're a step ahead of me M'Lud as I now have a pump whirring away but no water on the screens, just a big puddle underneath!  ::)  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24837 on: 01 February 2023, 20:13:49 »

That's quite a distance.

Exactly the same.

Well you're a step ahead of me M'Lud as I now have a pump whirring away but no water on the screens, just a big puddle underneath! ::)  ;D

Join the club  :(
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24838 on: 02 February 2023, 07:19:14 »

If it ain't broke don't try & fix it best bit of advice I was ever given,saves a lot of heartache ( and puddles ) 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24839 on: 02 February 2023, 11:22:57 »

If it ain't broke don't try & fix it best bit of advice I was ever given,saves a lot of heartache ( and puddles ) 😂

I've been using that approach Mick, but at this time of year it's a PITA having to pull over every few miles to splash some water on the screen.  ;D

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.