Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My 2000 V6 Manual  (Read 9670 times)

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
My 2000 V6 Manual
« on: 17 October 2018, 20:53:30 »

Evening all.

I’ll start a thread here for my new to me Omega (as it will help me keep all the photos in one place)

I picked her up on Monday & paid the grand total of £600 for her, last owner for 11yrs & full service history (stamps anyway with cam belt changed in April this year)

There’s a few things that need sorting but nothing major.

Couple of tiny rust patches

Laquer peel on front bumper

Plus:
Passenger mirror doesn’t work.
The passenger side of the climate control temp gauge lcd doesn’t work.
Sunroof doesn’t work.
But other than that it’s all good  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: My 2000 V6 Manual
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2018, 21:08:01 »

Looks tidy!

Get 3M headlight polishing kit, bring those lights up a treat  :)

Also pop sill covers off and inspect, common area to rust.

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2018, 21:29:14 »

Looks tidy!

Get 3M headlight polishing kit, bring those lights up a treat  :)

Also pop sill covers off and inspect, common area to rust.

Cheers  :y

I ordered the 3M kit last night & it will be going up on the lift as soon as I get it home for a full, thorough inspection. I’m hopeful that it is as good as it appears as the old fella that owned it before me babied it & there isn’t a single mention of corrosion on any previous MOT.

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2018, 13:15:11 »

Just has it up on the ramps & it’s spotless. My mechanic mate who really likes to tell me I’ve bought a shed was very impressed.... I think the quote was “this could be 5 years old by looking under here, let alone nearly 20!”

Irmscher bodykit & Steinmetz 3pc spoiler sourced..... LET THE MODDING COMMENCE  :D

sambo omega NI

• belfast, Antrim
    • vauxhall omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2018, 16:57:01 »

Have a full irmchser body kit her for a pre facelift saloon any interest give me a message thanks Sam

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2018, 19:34:37 »

Have a full irmchser body kit her for a pre facelift saloon any interest give me a message thanks Sam

Thanks Sam but I’ve already got the kit (collecting it next week)  :y

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2018, 22:37:57 »

She is dangerously similar to mine http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=143361.0 ;), and registration differs only by a few numbers and identical colour and also a manual.  My interior is black however.  Had mine from new.

Yours looks pretty tidy.  Maybe get the small rust bits looked at before gets any further.  I just caught my rear wheel arches just before they showed significant bubbling just by rear sills.

Happy motoring.

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2018, 13:16:21 »

Thanks Andy, it is very similar to yours. I wish this had a black interior as the brown/beige is not popular with my wife (will probably put a black one in, there’s a full MV6 interior on the bay at the moment)
I’m going to get the rust sorted over the winter when the kit gets fitted. Along with a thorough service etc

My plan is to keep it long term & build a competent, fun & fastish cruiser for European holidays  :y

opelman

• Mysen- Norway
    • Opel Omega 2.5v6 cd cara
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2018, 22:27:11 »

:) very nice!!

JimmyR

• West Midlands
    • Astra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2018, 20:33:25 »

Very nice!

I saw this for sale and wanted it myself but it was gone before I got chance to go for it

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2018, 13:19:19 »

Not had much time to do anything with her due to work & that’s looking like how it’s going to be until into next year, but at least it gives me time to break my 2 Golfs to fund this project so it’s not too bad.

I’ve managed to get a full black leather MV6 interior & some early MV6 wheels already so I’m slowly sourcing all the bits I’ll need. Next on the list to buy is new suspension & bushes all round, I’m building her as a fast road/long distance tourer so am thinking Bilstein B4’s, Eibach springs & poly bushes all round which should stiffen her up without making the ride too harsh.

Then maybe (if I have enough spare cash) get a nice 3.2 built for her  :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2018, 14:20:27 »

Not had much time to do anything with her due to work & that’s looking like how it’s going to be until into next year, but at least it gives me time to break my 2 Golfs to fund this project so it’s not too bad.

I’ve managed to get a full black leather MV6 interior & some early MV6 wheels already so I’m slowly sourcing all the bits I’ll need. Next on the list to buy is new suspension & bushes all round, I’m building her as a fast road/long distance tourer so am thinking Bilstein B4’s, Eibach springs & poly bushes all round which should stiffen her up without making the ride too harsh.

Then maybe (if I have enough spare cash) get a nice 3.2 built for her :)

Probably easier to stick with a 3.0 wiring wise and fly by wire throttle although both can be overcome
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2018, 14:29:49 »

Tidy  :y

Are you doing anything with the rear chrome strip, seeing as how you're replacing the bumpers?  :y Neighbour decided mine was all nasty and straight, and thought it would be very nice to bend it for me with his pathetic parking skills.

As and when you get the arches done... those black stickers will come off with mild heat, and can be cleaned up with alcohol/similar, and re-attached with double sided tape very nicely. I know as I've done it myself recently. They're hen's teeth to source.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2018, 18:39:46 »

Then maybe (if I have enough spare cash) get a nice 3.2 built for her :)

Probably easier to stick with a 3.0 wiring wise and fly by wire throttle although both can be overcome

It will be a hybrid (3.2 bottom end & 2.5/3.0 top end & wiring)

Marneus

• Bradford
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2018, 18:48:30 »

Tidy  :y

Are you doing anything with the rear chrome strip, seeing as how you're replacing the bumpers?  :y Neighbour decided mine was all nasty and straight, and thought it would be very nice to bend it for me with his pathetic parking skills.

As and when you get the arches done... those black stickers will come off with mild heat, and can be cleaned up with alcohol/similar, and re-attached with double sided tape very nicely. I know as I've done it myself recently. They're hen's teeth to source.  :)

When I get the bumper off you’re welcome to them, I’ll take a few photos when I’m next with the car as it’s been tapped at one side so may be no good to you.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.