Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3059480 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22665 on: 24 August 2021, 17:21:07 »

Took the Battlebus to London, seeing as Dell make servers too big for an XJ boot.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22666 on: 24 August 2021, 19:27:58 »

Ordered a new master cylinder for the Omega-hope this will cure the brake problem I've been having with it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22667 on: 25 August 2021, 08:54:05 »

Ordered the Velar replacement, might be a long wait  ???

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22668 on: 26 August 2021, 10:16:23 »

Took the 960 for a run out to Bridlington yesterday to see my two remaining older brothers and the younger of my two sisters.rather than go over the Humber bridge I went the long way round,more costly in fuel but a more pleasant drive.Eldest brother recently traded his 03 plate BMW X5 for a 10 plate X3 which he says was in some ways a mistake as the newer car doesn't drive as well and the build quality of it  is nowhere near as good but has comfier seats.Other brother has a 10 plate Range Rover[autobiography whatever that means]with he tells me a 3.6 engine seems to go well enough judging by the way it went when I followed him part way back home.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22669 on: 26 August 2021, 16:17:13 »

Took the 960 for a run out to Bridlington yesterday to see my two remaining older brothers and the younger of my two sisters.rather than go over the Humber bridge I went the long way round,more costly in fuel but a more pleasant drive.Eldest brother recently traded his 03 plate BMW X5 for a 10 plate X3 which he says was in some ways a mistake as the newer car doesn't drive as well and the build quality of it  is nowhere near as good but has comfier seats.Other brother has a 10 plate Range Rover[autobiography whatever that means]with he tells me a 3.6 engine seems to go well enough judging by the way it went when I followed him part way back home.
The x3 has always known to have build issues.  I seem to recall its not made by BMW, but contracted out?

3.6 TDV8 Range Rover ain't no slouch, and driven sensibly, quite frugal for such a tank.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22670 on: 26 August 2021, 18:00:49 »

Original X3 was manufactured by Magna in Graz, all subsequent version are built my BMW

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22671 on: 27 August 2021, 15:39:56 »

Took the Astra estate tractor juice edition (1.7 CDTi) down for it's yearly check up today and it passed ,no advisories  :)
I'd checked it all over in the week, serviced it, rust treatment etc  , 2 new tyres, new rear shocks (it's 2005 and done 91k now ) new drop links ,polished the headlights AGAIN  ::)
it then threw an ABS code  ::) so new front wheel bearing and TRE ,because i cut it's nut off  :o

Also pumped over 3/4 of a tank of 18 month old petrol out Mum's astra  ::) and re-allocated it to another of the astras and my Omega ,it won't last another 18 months in my tank  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22672 on: 27 August 2021, 18:03:11 »

Took the Astra estate tractor juice edition (1.7 CDTi) down for it's yearly check up today and it passed ,no advisories  :)
I'd checked it all over in the week, serviced it, rust treatment etc  , 2 new tyres, new rear shocks (it's 2005 and done 91k now ) new drop links ,polished the headlights AGAIN  ::)
it then threw an ABS code  ::) so new front wheel bearing and TRE ,because i cut it's nut off  :o

Also pumped over 3/4 of a tank of 18 month old petrol out Mum's astra  ::) and re-allocated it to another of the astras and my Omega ,it won't last another 18 months in my tank  ;D
Mine passed yesterday. I didn't check anything, just presented it for MOT and service, parted with £140 and drove it away. 2014, 86,000 on it and it's never failed yet.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22673 on: 27 August 2021, 18:24:18 »

I have diagnosed the problem (or one of them) with the plastic french contraption.
One of the injectors is hardly injecting. Ive taken it out and will take it to work tomorrow night, where I can clean the holes in the nozzle under a strong magnifier.
If hat doesnt help, need to get an injector and then have it coded into the ECU.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22674 on: 27 August 2021, 18:33:26 »

I have diagnosed the problem (or one of them) with the plastic french contraption.
One of the injectors is hardly injecting. Ive taken it out and will take it to work tomorrow night, where I can clean the holes in the nozzle under a strong magnifier.
If hat doesnt help, need to get an injector and then have it coded into the ECU.  ::)
you should buy your good lady wife an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner .then borrow it and fill it with injector cleaner  :D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22675 on: 27 August 2021, 18:35:32 »

Mine passed yesterday. I didn't check anything, just presented it for MOT and service, parted with £140 and drove it away. 2014, 86,000 on it and it's never failed yet.
well done  :)
sounds like a lot of effort you put in Uncle Stemo  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: 27 August 2021, 18:40:01 »

well done  :)
sounds like a lot of effort you put in Uncle Stemo  ;D
I employ men with dirty overalls for all that bollix  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: 27 August 2021, 18:41:52 »

Two new front tyres today. Got 25,000 miles out of the last ones, and I certainly don't drive like Tunnie. I think autos must be easier on the driving wheels.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: 27 August 2021, 19:29:37 »

Two new front tyres today. Got 25,000 miles out of the last ones, and I certainly don't drive like Tunnie. I think autos must be easier on the driving wheels.
Down to the cords then.  :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: 27 August 2021, 19:34:57 »

you should buy your good lady wife an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner .then borrow it and fill it with injector cleaner  :D

There is one at work somewhere, although I havent seen it recently. Im hoping to find it tomorrow night.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.