Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6 v6 Omega fuel trim problem & misfire  (Read 270 times)

RWS1

• View Profile
2.6 v6 Omega fuel trim problem & misfire
« on: 18 August 2010, 21:20:40 »

The problem started about a month ago when the engine management light came on. Performance didn't seem to be affected and a check of stored fault codes revealed P0170 & P0173 relating to the fuel trim. I cleared the codes and all was fine for a few days but then the engine management light again came on. I suspected an air leak on the intake side & so ordered a set of gaskets and o rings for the inlet manifold but £70 later no result! Since then the problem seems to be getting worse as when I clear the fault codes now the engine misfires badly at idle and in addition to the previous two codes several others are stored the first being P3000 relating to misfire and additional codes for misfires on 5 of the six cylinders. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Rob

feeutfo

Re: 2.6 v6 Omega fuel trim problem & misfire
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2010, 21:40:46 »

maf sensor fubar, esp. if you cant find an air leak, maf 's are expensive so best to try and diagnose via live data to confirm beforesplashing out on a new one, or swap with a known good one first.

see what others say, as there are a couple of other possible causes that escape me for a minute. Maf most likely though ime.

there is a right up in maintanance re fuel trims etc. might help.....ought to read it myself i suppose. ;D

feeutfo

Re: 2.6 v6 Omega fuel trim problem & misfire
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2010, 21:42:38 »

....and welcome to oof by the way. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.