Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretty simple Bank Holiday weekend, then!  (Read 1017 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Pretty simple Bank Holiday weekend, then!
« on: 30 August 2016, 10:18:11 »

Replaced or 'did' the following...

oil change
Front intake 'W' replace
swapped over solenoid on intake
Front multiram
Hoovered out the space around the oil cooler plate of 20 years of dust, grit, mud, sand, leaves.  :o
cleaned breathers
replaced breather box, yes the breather box  :y
replace all breather hoses to breather bridge
replace breather bridge
new top hat seal
new bridge to throttle body o rings
cleaned throttle body
fitted EGR blank
coolant replace with 'cleaning agent'
re-grease aux belt tensioner pulley
spark plugs
HBV
Purge valve
thermostat & transfer pipe
CTS
wet n dried corroded alloy coolant join, possible source of slight coolant loss
replaced corroded MAF sensor screws
Trunking/conduit for loom on engine front replaced
All jubilee clips cleaned back to shiny stainless steel
New creamy header tank

by christ do I ache! home from work, working cleaning stuff until about 10pm on the Friday after the 9-5 at work, then two 13 hour days, and 9-6pm on the Monday. Took my time on everything, nice and methodical, doing everything by the book, breaking out the torque wrench again, plenty of breaks and bacon butties  8). Felt great, really nice to do some proper jobs on the old girl.  :)

Net result: the stat was a bit intermittent, she's running better. CTS, well, we shall see how things go with that. Coolant leak was very very slow, so give it a month or two, and we'll see. Only thing is I've buggered up fitting the vac pipes slightly, when I'll re-do this dinner 2 minute job with Marks excellent guide.

Also couldnt disconnect the SAI. For the life of me couldnt find a suitable bung, so ordered some end stops from the heebay, so in a few days that'll get done. Wouldnt have been much easier to do with the intake 'W' out the way, but no matter. Pulled (what I think is) the SAI fuse for now

I'll post the pics of the spark plugs when I've got them off my phone, later. My God get ready for a shock!!  ;D (these were ''very good'' spark plugs which ''didn't need doing'' according to a certain previous owner  ::))

Counted 15 cuts on my hands  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty simple Bank Holiday weekend, then!
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2016, 12:22:18 »

Character building :y.......or a case of mild insanity?  ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty simple Bank Holiday weekend, then!
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2016, 13:15:20 »

Oh, definitely both in equal measure!!!

With the plenum, trumpets and sandwich plate off, the intake 'W' off, sitting on the airbox, with one leg inside, foot on the anti-rill bar,t he other dangling over the OS headlight, bent double with torch and sockets trying to seat a replacement breather box, genuine Vx grey sealant glooped on the underneath. The breather box which was acquired as a spare, drilled out, and carb cleaned inside until it was so immaculate I was considering renting it out to the NHS as a drinking vessel for people in intensive care with depleted immune systems.  :y

And the b-bolt is VERY much that!! Might I suggest for future generations that the b-bolt be scrapped and use the slightly shorter (but identical thread and head) bolts as used on the sandwich plate or injector rail be used? It's slightly shorter, but I can't image this 5mm less thread to 'grip' will mean the transfer pipe will suddenly fly off the side of the engine. The b-bolt went in fine, it was that last 5mm or so that was the killer. I had to get my girlfriend to go a googling and search OOF to confirm I had the right stud, it felt as if I was cutting new thread into cast iron!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.